Chevyrebs 71 Camaro Project Returns

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by ChevyReb, Sep 23, 2008.

1. gpintauro

gpintauro Veteran Member

Jun 4, 2012
    inman,sc
    why d you want a 4.5 back space? I have 4.75 on a 17x8 on the front of my car and they fit good. My buddy has the year one wheels 17x8 and 17x9 on his 74 with 255/40/17 front and 275/40/17 rear and has no issues. I'll text you a pic:D

2. grzewnicki

grzewnicki Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Looking sweet, sometimes I wish I had painted mine the factory Mulsanne blue, maybe next time.

3. ChevyReb

ChevyReb Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 4, 2003
    SC
    Hi Gordon,

Thanks for the kind comment!

I've had a lot going on and have not been able to work on the car since mid August... I got Laid off from work end of May after 28 years and have not found a new job yet so I'm taking 5 courses at college in Columbia for certified Cisco Networking Academy. That's taking up all of my free time! Hoping to pass the CCNA cert exam by 1st of year and get a network admin job in Columbia or Newberry area. Funny thing is I had virtually no real interest before classes and now that I'm six weeks into classes the phone is ringing. If one place makes an offer I will have a decision to make. Another place that called is a good position but the drive is too far to commute. At this point I'd really like to finish out the semester at school as I am learning a lot, and getting some hands on experience on the live lab equipment.

The car is stuck up on the wheel cradles still at my uncles shop. Hopefully I will get at least a day or two soon to get over there and get anything done and get a break from books and tests! Here is a pic with the new wheels.

Some good news is I am closing on a lot across the street from me next Friday finally after 10 months of bureaucracy with county variance committee and DHEC for lot consolidation and septic permit. I hope to have a shop up by end of the year now! I will make quick work of finishing the when I can get it close to my house instead of an hour away!
    [​IMG]

4. perkalator

perkalator Veteran Member

Aug 27, 2014
    kennewick wa
    Good luck on school. Know get back to work on the camaro. I wish i had the ambition to go back to school at my age. Two kids and a job that keeps me on call 24/7 makes it hard. Look forward to seeing your success story, and more camaro pics.

5. Da-bigguy

Da-bigguy Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Cypress, TX
    Congrats on the decision to go back to school! That is rough getting laid off but it looks like you've taken the bull by the horns and are doing what needs to be done to get yourself back on track. That will be great having the shop there, looking forward to seeing pics of it!

6. grzewnicki

grzewnicki Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

What's going on??? Haven't been on here to much since the format change and my recent L5 disc catastrophe (surgery schedule for 2-14). Hoping everything is going ok with school or have you found work?

7. ChevyReb

ChevyReb Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 4, 2003
    SC
    Well Camaro has a new home almost ready. Have to wait another week to seal the floors and then will be moving in. Still a lot of work to do all electrical and water, walls and all that. Also have a guy coming to dress and grade the front so the driveway can be put in and tied to the road.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. brooksman9

brooksman9 Veteran Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Olive Branch, MS
  9. Da-bigguy

Da-bigguy Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Cypress, TX
    That looks fantastic!! I wish I had space to build a workshop/mancave of that size!

10. COPO

COPO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 15, 1999
    Ontario, Canada
    Holy smokes Batman.