Chevyrebs 71 Camaro Project Returns

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by ChevyReb, Sep 23, 2008.

1. ChevyReb

ChevyReb Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 4, 2003
    SC
    Thanks sprink! I've got a guy coming tomorrow to start on the headliner so hoping to get that done!

Gotta get some tires to go on my Z wheels and test my lights and stuff. Punch list getting shorter is a good thing.

2. krabben1

krabben1 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

May 16, 2007
    ( . Y . )Delco
  3. 76_TypeLT

76_TypeLT Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jul 26, 2008
    Houston, TX
    yep, looks really nice man!

4. perkalator

perkalator Veteran Member

Aug 27, 2014
    kennewick wa
  5. JohnL71RS

JohnL71RS Veteran Member

Apr 12, 2010
    Marrero, LA
  6. Double R Restorations

Double R Restorations Veteran Member Gold Member

Jan 11, 2002
    VA
    Craig, Haven't been on in a while. Your car is looking amazing. Love the color. Still can't believe you have those old rollers on it. What a difference new wheels and tires will make. Cant wait to see what you decide to put on it.

7. ChevyReb

Feb 4, 2003
    SC
    Thanks Russ. Yea I've actually been researching that the past couple of nights. As slow as it's going I'd have flat spots in new tires :rolleyes::screwup: I was going to put the original Z wheels on but now I am looking at going to 17 or 18's as the tire prices are as good or better than the 15's, and the selection is way better! I need to figure out the back spacing and get it spot on as I do not want to roll the wheel well wells out back or have rubbing up front. I will if I must beat the seat belt humps in but I don't want to do that either.

8. 1971SS

1971SS Veteran Member

Feb 5, 2011
    eastern NC
    Another here that's wanting to see your wheel choice! That blue and black looks awesome!

9. gpintauro

gpintauro Veteran Member

Jun 4, 2012
    inman,sc
    lets go !!! How about the 17inch Year one Z wheels for it? painted to match of course

10. ChevyReb

Feb 4, 2003
    SC
    Thanks 1971SS I've never been fond of white stripes. Just personal preference I suppose.

Greg I've considered the yearones but they don't have 4.5" back space for the fronts so I'm afraid to try them as you can't return them once you mount a tire. If they had too much I could add a spacer but I do like them.

I'm leaning towards the TT IIs right now unless I see something I like more.

May look at US mags too saw some in tire Shop the other day and guy said he could get any backspace I needed. I just wish I could know exactly the right size I need???