Cheverra Camaro

Discussion in 'Camaro Questions' started by al8apex, Jun 14, 2008.

1. al8apex

al8apex Veteran Member

Mar 11, 2005
    scottsdale, az
    the key word is corner weights

I believe we checked it when we had it at nationals and it was spot on with the small tank that was in it

a big tank with lots of gas will upset the chassis balance ...

2. m pozzi

m pozzi Moderator Staff Member

I told you we shoulda gone halvsies ...

Cheers,
    Mary Pozzi

3. al8apex

al8apex Veteran Member

Mar 11, 2005
    scottsdale, az
    and have me get "THE LOOK" from Dave ... ? :)

Last edited: Apr 26, 2011
  4. Craig71188

Craig71188 New Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Columbus, OH
    I agree - but after I hang all sheet sheet metal back on the nose, plus the doors and interior, a 22 gallon cell may not be too bad...

5. al8apex

al8apex Veteran Member

Mar 11, 2005
    scottsdale, az
  6. Craig71188

Craig71188 New Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Columbus, OH
    It's been a long time but...

I am still working on the car. I just realized it's been over a year since I posted up anything here. I did get to meet Mary at the Popular Hot Rodding "shootout" after Goodguys (2011) in Columbus.

The ATL 22 gallon cell is not safely mounted & plumbed in the trunk. Most of the interior and factory wiring harness (from a donor car) is in place. Things still "to do":
    1) Misc interior bits
    2) Final wiring (remount battery/box on rear floor)
    3) Wire/Mount MSD box
    4) Assemble balance of dash/gauges
    5) Mount seats & belts
    6) Fix trans fluid leak
    7) Fluids changed
    8) Clean, clean , clean

I just decided this weekend to sell off my karts (I was autocrossing shifters) as it is time for a change - and I need more time to work on this car. I will try and get some "progress photos" up in the next week or so showing the current state of affairs.

7. Craig71188

Craig71188 New Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Columbus, OH
    Time has flown by - but not much progress has been made. The car has carpet and most wiring in place. Mounts for the Corbeau seats have been located.

Too much other junk in the garage, and crappy weather have kept me from getting any pictures.

The car MAY be for sale as I would rather see it completed and back on the road than sitting in my garage. Some "life changes (not all bad)" have changed some priorities. I have not totally given up on the car, but for the right person at the right price, I MIGHT be coerced into selling. Still thinking on this, but I thought I would throw it out for consideration...

8. Craig71188

Craig71188 New Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Columbus, OH
    Cheverra update

The Cheverra has now run under it's own power again (though not moved from the shop (yet)!

Some pictures of the current state of affairs.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 10, 2014
  9. MachoZprototype

MachoZprototype New Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Missouri
  10. Craig71188

Craig71188 New Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Columbus, OH
    For those that have followed this thread (and it has been sloooow as of late) - the car is "officially" for sale. Life changes and a sports racer project are taking all my time, money and enthusiasm. I still have mixed emptions about it, but it is time to let this car move on to someone to finish and DRIVE. I personally think it needs to be an SCCA CAM (Classic American Muscle) competitor - and it has most of the right stuff to do it. See the ad in the Swap Meet section here for more details:
    http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=284498