Cheapest state to buy a truck in ??

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Aceshigh, Dec 28, 2005.

1. Aceshigh

Aceshigh Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Boondocks
    Anyone anyone ??
    I always heard South Carolina had the cheapest deals on trucks but that could have been an urban legend. I also hear Texas has some major ass kickin sales at the end of the year. I have all my financing approved, but I want to stay within a certain pricerange for what I want.

Anyone know of the cheapest state or best deals going on the Ford F150's ??
    I"m looking for an F150 Supercrew FX4 loaded to the hilt. Anyone??? I only have 3 days left before the end of the year.....and if I can get a super deal new....I'll buy new....even though I usually don't. ONLY 2004 and 2005 models that's it. No others.

THey're having a redline sale at the end of the year right now, and the BEST deal I've found so far on a Supercrew FX4 loaded to the hilt was $29K and change + TTL. Which puts it at $32.8 and outta my league. Anyone finds ANY better, please let me know, used or new. I've looked on Ebay already. So if anyone see's the one in Joliet, IL , I've already called him on it.

Required Options
    Black leather or Black Cloth
    Moonroof
    Power Rear Window
    Backup Assist (nice feature since I ALWAYS park backwards) ....don't ask.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2005
  2. Camaro75LT

Camaro75LT Masshole Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

May 17, 2001
    Boston-ish
    Mass, the rust eats everything (theres an 02 f150 at the dealer with rusty 1/4 pannels) and it makes everything cheaper. :)

3. rscamaro73

rscamaro73 Administrator Staff Member

I'd say if you were in Delaware (no sales tax) but then you'd have to register it in Chi-town.

I'd look on ebay for some used ones, see where they're coming out of. I used to shop for 'burbs ALOT and I'd see prolly 70% of the ones I was interested in come from Tx with an assload of highway miles.....

4. patgizz

patgizz Moderator Lifetime Gold Member

Apr 10, 1999
    Cleveland
    i'd shy away from anything from the southeast right about now.... last time there was a hurricane i saw trucks up into north carolina for sale with water lines in the door jambs with "clean carfax"

there are deals everywhere, i prefer to shop locally because every time i've bought out of state i've been lied to or burned. at least if someone 20 minutes away tells me it's "rust free" and i get there and it is a pile of iron oxide, i only had to drive 20 minutes to stick my boot in someone's ass as opposed to 2 hours or 20 hours or waste a plane ticket.

not sure on the new models but the last gen F150 had the weakest damn rear suspension i've ever seen on a "fullsize" pickup. had a brand new 99 for work back in 99, and i put one patio door in the back and it was damn near on the bump stops.

5. 1972_Z-28

1972_Z-28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 6, 2005
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Have you tried http://www.carmax.com/. No haggle price and they will transfer to your location anything in thier inventory which you can search. Prices seem to be around Kelly Blue Book value.

6. 72RS408BB

72RS408BB Veteran Member

Jul 1, 2004
    DTW
    Whoever sells the highest volume will offer the best deal. texas??

7. Aceshigh

Apr 9, 2001
    Boondocks
    :eek: HOLY CHIT!!! Great point,......I overlooked that .....sh*t.....thanks
    I totally forgot about that. I wonder if you can track vehicle's locations..hmm.....I'll have to ask where they were originally shipped to.
    Thank you VERY much, I can't overlook that now.

Thanks....I overlooked that one too. I'll give them a shout today.
    Okay, I looked, CarMax is selling a truck with 19K on the odometer only $2K less then a new one and won't budge on their prices.
    So nix that idea.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2005
  8. jakeshoe

jakeshoe Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Dec 8, 2000
    Republic of Texas
    I dunno Ace,
    Call 940-591-9663. Ask for Mike Samples in Used Car sales, and tell him I sent ya. Jake Shoemake.
    Just tell him what you are looking for and you wanted to check prices in the North Texas area.

If they have something there he will take care of ya.

Dealership I used to work for, and Mike is a good guy, not the typical used car guy. I used to take care of him, so he took care of me on my last car purchase.

9. Aceshigh

Apr 9, 2001
    Boondocks
    Thanks brotha, I'm callin right now. I'm using ALL available network resources for this one. ;)
    See what he can find. I've heard ALOT about car sales in Texas being the lowest, but that could be people blowin smoke.
    I have no idea, but I'll give him a shout.

EDIT: He told me there's nothing on his lot presently but he'll keep a lookout for me.

10. AJ_72

AJ_72 Veteran Member

Jul 3, 2003
    Chebanse, IL USA