Centerline Wheels: Update- they're back

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by BonzoHansen, Apr 28, 2017.

1. BonzoHansen

BonzoHansen Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

2. muscl car

muscl car Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sad to hear that , they made good quality wheels but they're very heavy wheels , not much of a weight savings

3. BonzoHansen

BonzoHansen Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

Not all of their wheels were heavy. But i'm sure the convo pros and such were

4. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nov 2, 2002
    Waddell AZ
    A guy at work tried to buy a set of wheels from them a couple of years back. Some offset specific to his Mustang but after waiting 9 months for wheels promised to ship in 3 he gave up and got a refund. You won't last long with service like that. Sad news.

5. muscl car

muscl car Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

The Auto/Drag wheels were heavy !!

6. GoldenOne7710

GoldenOne7710 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Athens, GA
    Almost all their street suitable wheels are heavy...for good reason. They are extremely well made and durable. The ones labeled 'not for street use' are pretty dang light.

I had a set of their Tel Stars. They were 15x8 and 15x6. They actually weighed less than the factory 14" N90 wheels that came on my car.

7. Mike N

Mike N Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jan 13, 2002
    Spencerport, NY.
    Yet somehow Bonspeed is still in business......

8. chevyJeff1

chevyJeff1 Veteran Member

That sucks. I've always loved the Auto-Drag style. In fact I tried to get a set for my C-10 years ago but they didn't have a truck application. Back then anyway

9. BLUE72CAMARO

BLUE72CAMARO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 15, 2004
    Bunker Hill, IL
    I had a set of their wheels on my 06 3/4 ton. Super nice forged and chromed wheel my only complaint about them was the center caps rattled in them but I solved that by putting big orings on them that got smashed between the wheel and center cap when you tightened the lugs down.

chevyJeff1 likes this.
  10. Lowend

Lowend Administrator. .a car, a man, a maraca. Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 25, 1999
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Centerline was one of those companies I always wanted to like. But most of their stuff went out of date in the 1980's. They just weren't willing to update their product lines work late models (other than trucks). The whole company was really slow on the update with larger than 15" wheels.

American Racing and Weld long since drank Centerline's milkshake

muscl car likes this.