CD2 Washer Bottle Monitor Option 70-73

Discussion in 'Original Drivetrain Topic' started by TommyRS70, Oct 29, 2017.

1. TommyRS70

TommyRS70 Veteran Member

Jan 31, 2004
    KY
    Does anyone have the fiber optic washer reservoir level indicator on their Camaro?

Does anyone know what color the wires to the light bulb on the float assembly should be? The AIM manual indicates that it was cancelled but it still shows the routing. I believe it was a dealer option. Trying to locate the correct set up for my car. Any pictures would be cool too! Thanks ahead of time for your help!

Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
  2. 70lt1z28

70lt1z28 Veteran Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 1999
    Beavercreek, Ohio, USA
    To my knowledge, it never happened on Camaro. Chevelle for sure had it.
    As you said, the CD2 is marked as canceled in the AIM.
    A dealer may have installed a few. Who knows? Was it available as an over the parts counter assembly?
    You could probably search eBay for a Chevelle setup. Most likely the same hardware. I would be willing to bet the wire colors are the same.

Attached Files:

3. TommyRS70

TommyRS70 Veteran Member

Jan 31, 2004
    KY
    Thanks Dave, Nasty Site lists it as an option 993921, looks like a dealer accessory add on. I have seen a bottle with a yellow and a bright blue wire but there are other wire colors too. Probably different for other GM models. I have also seen the float housing as either black or white.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
  4. Gary S

Gary S Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

Apr 14, 1999
    Bismarck, North Dakota
    I agree with 70lt1z28. I don't believe Camaro ever got that option in those years. The AIM is likely correct that it was cancelled. I know that Caprice and Impala had the option. One from a A body car or a B body car would likely be exactly the same as the one planned for the Camaro.
    I have one I pulled from a 70 Caprice stuck somewhere in my garage.

5. junkyardZ28find

junkyardZ28find Veteran Member

Mar 4, 2012
    des moines, iowa
    Gary-if the OP passes I'd be interested in your 70 Caprice washer monitor setup. I have a 70 Monte which I believe has the same setup and my glass tube inside the washer jug is broken and I've been looking for a replacement. Please keep me in the loop on it if you would-thanks!

6. 70lt1z28

70lt1z28 Veteran Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 1999
    Beavercreek, Ohio, USA
    The reason I thought the Chevelle setup might be close is that it at least used the same washer bottle in 70.
    I think when you are adding a dealer installed option the fine details may blur a bit. The 993921 could have been a generic dealer kit for Camaro's, Chevelle's, Monte's etc.

7. TommyRS70

TommyRS70 Veteran Member

Jan 31, 2004
    KY
    Interested in whatever you are willing to offer. Thanks.

8. flowjoe

flowjoe Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 7, 2006
    SoCal
    IMG_0636.PNG

I have a digital copy of a GM parts catalog for Camaro 67-72 dated December 1971. I did a search and found the above. Don't know if this helps or muddies the water more.