Cat-Back Exhaust with Headers. What do I need?

Discussion in 'Camaro Questions' started by Primus, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Primus

Primus New Member

Nov 8, 2017
    Hey guys,
    have a small Problem right now. I want to buy a Hedman Header and a Magnaflow Cat-Back Exhaust for my 1979 Berlinetta. Its nearly impossible to get a Header-back in Europe. After searching for hours, i found these two. The Problem is: I don't have a Cat anymore.
    What do i need to connect these 2? just a plain old Exhaust Pipe or do I need something else?
    I just can't figure it out by myself. Right now, the Stock Berlinetta Exhaust is installed. Just without the Cat.
    Thanks guys

Max

2. RS1979

RS1979 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jun 18, 2013
    Memphis, TN
    Do you have vehicle inspections there? If not, you can run headers with dual exhaust. You can get the headers and a pair of mufflers from Jegs or Summit. Then have the pipes made to fit your car.

3. Primus

Primus New Member

Nov 8, 2017
    We have inspections. Probably some of the worst in the World. German TÜV. But as im running a classic American, no one really knows what is original and what not. So that shouldn't be a Problem.
    I know that i can get everything from Summit and Jegs but Customs, VAT and Shipping are waaaay to high. It about doubles everything in price.

4. RS1979

RS1979 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jun 18, 2013
    Memphis, TN
    That makes it tough.