Casper's 1973 Ls Powered Restomod Camaro

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by CasperCasper, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Twisted72

Twisted72 Veteran Member

Nov 8, 2015
    New Albany, Indiana
    WOW Casper damn good job on all ..hope to hell my 5.3 turn out half as nice as yours ..

CasperCasper likes this.
  2. 80sz

80sz Veteran Member

Feb 2, 2014
    Buffalo,n.y.
    Looks great

CasperCasper likes this.
  3. Da-bigguy

Da-bigguy Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Cypress, TX
    Looks and sounds great!! Good luck on the job search, what kind of work are you looking for?

CasperCasper likes this.
  4. CasperCasper

CasperCasper Veteran Member

Aug 11, 2015
    Thanks, I am a mech engineer

5. Da-bigguy

Da-bigguy Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Cypress, TX
    You are welcome! If you are interested in looking for work in the oil industry, next week is the Offshore Technology Conference here in Houston. I attended it right when I graduated from MUN out in Newfoundland with my Naval Architecture/Ocean Engineering degree and had two job offers within a few days and lots of interest from other companies. Unfortunately I don't think too many companies are hiring right now but there are an awful lot of companies in one place this coming Monday - Thursday. I think this weekend the newspaper has a special engineering job search section so I can pick that up and see is being advertised at the moment.

6. spinedoc

spinedoc Veteran Member

Jan 19, 2001
    Erie, PA USA
    This is a great thread. Amazing job Casper.

7. CasperCasper

CasperCasper Veteran Member

Aug 11, 2015
    Well, what more can I say, other than she's done! More or less...

There is a fathers day show that I have been to with my step dad every year for the last 18 years or so, today we finally had a car to enter :) It was pouring rain but this is one of the wetter areas of Canada so no sweat off my back.

[​IMG]

The car is running well and commands a lot of respect. I cannot believe how many people come up to me and ask who painted it. The engine is extremely powerful and I am confident the car will dyno mid 400's at the tire. Thanks everyone for your support over the years, it feels great to be done. I still have plans for the car but for now, I'm driving it !

8. GunnerMN

GunnerMN Member

Dec 11, 2013
    Elko, MN
    Awesome job Casper! Congratulations on getting it one the road!

CasperCasper likes this.
  9. 7/3-SplitRS

7/3-SplitRS Veteran Member

Mar 26, 2014
    Pecatonica IL
    Awesome build and thread! It is amazing how you completed this project in under 2 years from start to finish. That is no easy feat itself. Congrats and enjoy.

BTW: Did you come in under the 15k budget?

10. hoppin5478

hoppin5478 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jul 20, 2015
    Tucson, AZ
    Congratulations! It sure feels awesome when you do the work yourself and people give you compliments. Best of all, now you get to really enjoy your hard work.