Casper's 1973 Ls Powered Restomod Camaro

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by CasperCasper, Aug 12, 2015.

1. CasperCasper

CasperCasper Veteran Member

Aug 11, 2015
    Hi all,

Just got my 1973 camaro. It needs tons of work and I expect to be driving it next spring. I don't have much bodywork experience so this will be a learning process. These cars are my absolute favourite muscle cars ! I'm going to try and get this thing done during evenings and weekends.

It needs every body panel worked on, major ones being the quarters. I'm going to get new fenders, already have some quarters for it. The roll pan in the rear is also pretty gone. Floors look solid from what I can see.

Motor and transmission plans aren't set in stone, but it has to get converted to manual. I'm not big about keeping vehicles numbers matching and original, I don't ever plan to sell this.

I plan on redoing the seats and getting the interior back up to snuff as well

She was originally orange and was apparently brush painted...
    Here's a few photos,

Taking her home :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Floors are looking half decent to me for a BC licensed car !

[​IMG]

Little hole in the trunk

[​IMG]

Bike barely fits now :(

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 9, 2016
  2. CasperCasper

CasperCasper Veteran Member

Aug 11, 2015
    Does anyone have any advice on the order to do the back half of the car, I need to do that roll pan/tail light insert as well as the quarters. Which should I do first ? I'm thinking quarters and then the roll pan

3. brooksman9

brooksman9 Veteran Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Olive Branch, MS
    Welcome to the show. If you look through a few build threads I think you'll find most everyone doing those panels all together. Nice bike.

4. Happy_Dan

Happy_Dan Veteran Member

Sep 13, 2013
    Litchfield, NH
    Yes, everything I had read makes me believe you have to do it all together. Mock it all up first to make sure repop parts all fit then weld it up.

You may find more problems like the frame rails and torque boxes but it should all be done together.

I have pictures in my link in my sig, but I am doing everything..... or trying to. Good luck it's a lot of fun and the people on this site are very helpful

5. Chevrolaine

Chevrolaine Veteran Member Gold Member

lol I remember when I said I'd be driving mine by Spring. :crazy:
    My son reminded me the next two Springs after that...:(

Have fun, Spring is right around the corner!! :bowtie:

6. Da-bigguy

Da-bigguy Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Cypress, TX
    Welcome and glad to see another early 2nd gen being brought back to life! Lots of great people here ready and willing to provide recommendations, parts, assistance and advice! Keep us posted with lots of pics!

7. 351maverick

351maverick Veteran Member

Aug 11, 2010
    erie, PA
    I like the ramp truck...those are fun

8. Purebreed1

Purebreed1 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jan 18, 2014
    Crystal lake Illinois
    Another ambitious project. Spring is a lofty goal. Looking forward to the progress reports.

9. jfreakofkorn

jfreakofkorn Veteran Member

Apr 20, 2010
    in a beer can ....
    welcome to the party =0)

should be a fun build w/ some upgrade(s) I take it ...

10. grzewnicki

grzewnicki Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Check out member Volsfan, Tony has replaced virtually every panel on his car with maybe the exception of the vin and the rockers (LOL). His build thread should be a lot of help and he is always available to answer questions, great guy!