Cascade Camaro?

Discussion in 'North West Region' started by cadmanmeg, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Ryan 79

Ryan 79 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Granite Falls, WA

You and me both

2. CamaroMan79

CamaroMan79 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Selah, WA
    You are not alone.

3. jpekarek

jpekarek New Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Vancouver, WA.
    Yes. I used to see these around occasionally. I remember the ads too. I like them, though a little out of style. The wheels on this one are aftermarkets.

4. CitrusZ28

CitrusZ28 Veteran Member

Sep 13, 2002
    Oregon
    I remember the ads for those when they first came out, though they were lame back then, they still are. someone who works at Wilsonville Honda owns one of those, I see it every time I am over there.

5. jpekarek

jpekarek New Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Vancouver, WA.
    That's mine. I work at Willsonville Honda.

6. CitrusZ28

CitrusZ28 Veteran Member

Sep 13, 2002
    Oregon
    Sorry, no offense, just never thought that they were that special. which department do you work in?

7. jpekarek

jpekarek New Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Vancouver, WA.
    Im just joshin! It's not mine. I think the paint scheme is lame too.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

8. CitrusZ28

CitrusZ28 Veteran Member

Sep 13, 2002
    Oregon
    "Doh, you got me!:D

9. thomer

thomer Veteran Member

Sep 13, 2009
    ohio
    These cars were base model camaro's that were all special ordered with basically almost ever option available minus the 3.42 rear end and the z28 dress package items like fender louvers and the spoilers and decal kit. They came with the L48 350 and every other option they could get on it. Everyone of the 90 were all ordered the exact same way. Alot of what i've read online about them is false. Here is a photo of the build sheet of car number 28 I believe. Check out the options on this car. Not many base Camaro's would have had all these options and every Cascade has them. Ive confirmed 3 Cascade build sheets so far and they all match identically. One care had the odometer disclosure with it and it references the car as 1979 camaro Model Cascade from the dealer. These are interesting cars for sure, Ugly to some and awesome to others. But they are very very rare and indeed they existed. The dash plate can be found on the console or on the dash face on passenger side. I have seen it in both locations. I just recently purchased on of these from Oregon myself. In my research The Build sheets are the answer to these cars and being original paint helps. They were NOT decals the dealers added the paint scheme once they were delivered from the factory but they already knew what they were doing as each car was as stated ordered exactly the same. Base camaro with all the high end options. Hope this helps. And if anyone here has one or knows of one I'd love to talk with them and possibly add the build sheet data and car number to my files.

Attached Files: