Carb spacer/adapter question.

Discussion in 'Engine Topic' started by Nodus, Jan 28, 2018.

  1. Nodus

    Nodus New Member

    Sep 3, 2017
    sorry if i seem to be making a few threads recently but you guys are really helping me here with my car and i appreciate all the help. from my last thread I've decided to stick with the Eddy 1405. After looking at my intake do i need a adapter plate to put it on here? i'v seen some threads over the net say yes, some say no just bolt it on with a gasket. I thought i would ask here first before i spend money on something i might not need.
    some said i need this:

    Picture attached below.
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
  2. Burd

    Burd Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

    Oct 6, 2011
    There's 2 diff sets of holes, just a gasket. Does your carb line up. It did on mine, I run an Edelgarbage I take, I filed off the name and painted it though, but a Qjet carb. Chevy has to be easier without shaker issues.
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
  3. Rdobbs1977

    Rdobbs1977 Huge Guns N Roses Fan

    Dec 1, 2014
    if you think about what a spacer does, its really up to you. will it severely impede you one way or another of having one or not, no in most cases, speaking from a tune standpoint as in you're not seriously racing the motor/managing a high perf. motor. Think about what it does. IMO, spacer has two reasons to use one. 1- cooling the air-fuel mixture/prevent evaporation. 2-tuning purposes. if you want a bit more top end speed, spacer might be right for you. We are talking about a spacer though----they're relatively cheap man! so if you did get one and decide not to use, not much of a loss you know...
  4. Zspoiler

    Zspoiler Veteran Member

    May 6, 2012
    Federal Way, Washington
    I use carb studs and two thick carb gaskets besides the plate and or a or heat shield kit of which has everything. I have used this intake with the stock Q-jet,a Holley 3310 750 .and a Eldelbrock carb. Just don`t over tighten it or you will have a vacuum leak.
  5. bourbon_scotch

    bourbon_scotch Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

    Jan 10, 2003
    Looks like you have a bad hole there in the upper right. Hope you dont have to use that one.
  6. slayer021175666

    slayer021175666 Veteran Member

    Feb 29, 2016
    That's a spread bore manifold and the BADASS EDELBROCK carb you want to run is a square bore. Using the adapter plate is the way to go.
  7. Damon

    Damon Veteran Member

    Nov 16, 2000
    Philly area
    And Edlebrock (Carter AFB-style) carb will bolt right up with no vacuum leaks just using an appropriate gasket, despite the fact it is techically a "squarebore" carb. If you want to put a Holley-style 4bbl on it, you will want to use an adapter plate, which costs all of $7 on

    I am not a fan of adapting QJets onto squarebore intake manifolds, but putting a squarebore carb onto a spreadbore manifold is no problemo.
  8. Scamp1978

    Scamp1978 New Member

    Dec 3, 2017
    Make sure to get a spacer with 4 holes or it will defeat the purpose of your dual plane intake.

Share This Page