Can't be the only one in NE with a Z...

Discussion in 'Nebraska Camaro Club' started by deus402, May 20, 2009.

1. deus402

deus402 New Member

May 20, 2009
    Omaha, NE
    just bought my car last week, i've know about the board for a while, so i knew that i needed to sign up first chance i got. I would love to connect with some locals that have the f body disease as well in order to swap parts, beers, and bs.

paid $700 for this one owner all original car with only 60K on the clock. 4 spd z/28 with the 350. everything works except the wipers, and is very complete down to the air canister for the space saver spare. it was parked in 94, as evidenced by the date on the full case of beer in the trunk, along with the 80lbs of newspapers.

[​IMG]

The suspension was totally shot, so i have started replacing that to make it safe to drive.

[​IMG]

before and after:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

i still need to do the fronts, and i bought all new brake hardware for all four corners, but after looking through the Original Drivetrain Topic i think i may just leave on the original calipers and wheel cylinders.

next, its on to panel replacement/rust repair. this car has a pretty weird rust pattern for a nebraska car. usually the rot from the bottom up due to all the road salt, but this car is actually pretty solid underneath, with most of the rust seeming to be from the mondo piles of leaves that built up on the car.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. deus402

deus402 New Member

May 20, 2009
    Omaha, NE
    The interior is still a little dirty, but in very nice condition, the only issues being the non working wipers, which actually worked the first time i tried them before $#!+ing the bed, and the obligatory tear in the drivers seat.

[​IMG] [​IMG]