Canadians to Carlisle 2008

Discussion in 'Canadian Owners' started by Kirk, Jul 13, 2007.

1. Kirk

Kirk Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Aug 22, 2002
    Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
    Hey Jim - how long a trip is it from Chalk River to Carlisle? Maybe if I start working on the wife now I can convince her of my need to go too. :D We could all hook up and have a caravan of "Zed"28s, eh!

Pretty funny - the only way we Northern Ontario guys meet is when we take a trip to the States!

2. JIMS Z

JIMS Z Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Aug 16, 2003
    Dumfries, NB, Canada
    Kirk I hope this isn't highjacking a thread but was going to suggest it on our Canadian site here as things start to come together and closer to the date. I just did a biz road trip down to Chambersburg which is only about one hour south of Carlisle and seven hour drive from where I live. Straight drive on I-81 once you cross the border at Gananoque.

3. 73Z28LT

73Z28LT Veteran Member

anyone know of a cheap place to stay besides sleep in your car? i heard many places close by the ground are already booked.

4. JIMS Z

Aug 16, 2003
    Dumfries, NB, Canada
    I think we could book a spot in the camp area along with the rest of NastyZ people and pitch a tent...could be wrong! I like sittin' around the camp fire with a fun group and not havin' too far to crash later.

5. JIMS Z

Aug 16, 2003
    Dumfries, NB, Canada
    This must be the magic of Eric...wowzers...lol!

6. April81Z28

April81Z28 Moderator Lifetime Gold Member

Jun 15, 2004
    Eldersburg, MD, USA
    No camp fires allowed, but the campground is a good idea. It is on the show grounds - literally over the hill from the show field. I think this year the fee for a spot was $25 and that is a 10 x 30 spot.

The camping is arranged through the GM National/Carlisle site, but you need to register your car through the American Camaro Association website.

Don't jump too quick - we are still revcovering from Carlisle 2007, lol!

7. K5JMP

K5JMP Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Enter your car so you can drive in... then book a camping space online. Come on down and have a good time.:)
    Between Aces and I, we bought 6 spaces. The entire group used 7 spaces (10' x 30' each) to pitch tents... we used about another 10 to park our rides on... lol! No open camp fires though... we joked about a BIG citronella candle next year:crazy:
    The facilities are pretty good, and were very clean this year.
    Come on down and play.... and bring lots of your good beer!;) :innocent: ;)

8. Jim Stokkeland

Jim Stokkeland Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

Lynne and the Camaro will be with me next year...Nasty Canadians, it's about 10.5 hours from me, if I were to drive straight thru...
    Have to make a stop in Virginia tho...

9. JIMS Z

Aug 16, 2003
    Dumfries, NB, Canada
    Quote: April81Z28 - No camp fires allowed, but the campground is a good idea.

Quote: K5JMP - ... we joked about a BIG citronella candle next year

;) "Sittin' round the campfire" will be just an expression then and ...I'm not adverse to using my imagination though and I'm sure we can come up with an alternative, thanks for the hint K5JMP;)

10. April81Z28

April81Z28 Moderator Lifetime Gold Member

Jun 15, 2004
    Eldersburg, MD, USA
    We did sit around a candle in a bucket this year, lol!