Can anyone recommend a shop that can do transmission work on the south side of Denver?

Discussion in 'Colorado Owners' started by MoarThrottle, Mar 2, 2017.

1. MoarThrottle

MoarThrottle Member

Aug 22, 2013
    Denver, CO
    I need to find a reputable shop for some transmission work. I appear to have blown the front main seal and i'm looking to get the tranny rebuilt. I was thinking of using Buchtel Motors since the are within 6 miles of the car.
    Does anyone have any recommendations for a good shop? Or what can you tell me about Buchtel if you know about them?

Thanks guys!

2. MoarThrottle

MoarThrottle Member

Aug 22, 2013
    Denver, CO
    I guess Yelp reviews will be my guiding light.

3. 70_Camaro_SS

70_Camaro_SS Member Lifetime Gold Member

May 26, 2011
    Colorado Springs, CO
    I haven't used these guys myself and they are down way south of Denver... East of Colorado Springs. So, they are probably too far away for you.

But I have a bud with an old late 70's GMC stepside with a +425 horse 400SBC in front of a TH700R4 they built and he swears by them:

protransplus.com
    7936 Cessna Dr, Peyton, CO 80831
    (719) 661-5669

GMC_C-10_Stepside.jpg

4. nutchevy

nutchevy Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

May 3, 2002
    lakewood,colo USA
    dons garage service,393 east 55th ave,denver co 80216 303 295 2448. they did the tranny in my pu.

5. MoarThrottle

MoarThrottle Member

Aug 22, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Thanks guys. I've been calling shops and its amazing how many of them farm out the big work to other shops. When i bought the car i had a garage of my own and a buddy that wanted to help me work on it. Now i have no garage and my buddy hates working on cars now after trying to replace the turbo in his Subaru and then his son's Subaru. I really just want to find a place that does their own work and stands by it. Oh and it needs to be not too far to get to. :)
    My car is currently living down by Broadway and Alameda so i was thinking Englewood or the south side of Denver.

6. bluers91

bluers91 New Member

Apr 13, 2017
    I had Jeff at Pro Trans Plus (http://www.protransplus.com) do the 700R4 in my 91 Camaro. We beefed it up and we fine tuned the shift points for my Vortec HotCam 350. He does all his own builds in house and I highly recommend him. He knows them inside and out. My car barks the tires on the 1st to 2nd shift and now runs higher up in the rpms before shifting in D. It runs better than ever. He does good work and will stand by it and warranty his stuff.