CAMARO STURGIS RALLY - CAR SHOW & RACING

Discussion in 'Camaro Event Schedules & Locations' started by 70 SS/L78, Aug 24, 2017.

1. 70 SS/L78

70 SS/L78 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

May 5, 2005
    Rockford, MN
    Anybody here participate at the Sturgis South Dakota Rally? Sounds like it's probably one of the biggest Camaro events in the country and I've never heard of it. Apparently they were several hundred Camaro's there between the car show, racing events and huge burnout contest.

Here's a link to coverage from this years show back in June. It just so happens to be the same weekend as the Camaro Nats in Frederick Maryland...
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/enth...AAqClaa?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=ientp#image=AAqCla6|1

http://www.sturgiscamarorally.com/

2. l16pilot

l16pilot Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Dec 13, 2004
    Hurlock, MD, USA
    Hi Scott - that's a new one on me....never heard of it before, but looks like a blast.

3. CamarosRus

CamarosRus Veteran Member

Scott, How far from your place in MINN to Sturgis ????

I'm thinking too far off the beaten path to draw a big crowd..........but then
    again look at the cult like following that the STURGIS Motorcycle Rally has!!!!!!

There is a BIG (??) F-Body show coming up mid Sept in Memphis
    with minimal/zilch responses to my post about it...........

Truth be had very few (% wise) members at this site have the ability to
    travel to anything.....(i.e No Money, No Time Off Work, No interest, ect)
    No data to support my allegation, but these are my thoughts !!!!

Lastly, WHO reading this post is planning to attend (not "thinking") the 2017 MCACN show......No specific NastyZ28 display this year. Other than Ron's
    Firebird entry, what would be our focus point in 2017 ???
    Suppose to be some very nice pontiac Formula's there ???????

4. Happy_Dan

Happy_Dan Veteran Member

Sep 13, 2013
    Litchfield, NH
    Are you the same person that asked about it on Facebook? It is a great show. I attended a few years ago with my 5th Gen ZL1. It is well run and organized, the area is beautiful, the events are a blast and the site seeing is spectacular. I want to go again, just been tough taking that much time to drive out from NH and back.

5. 70 SS/L78

70 SS/L78 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

May 5, 2005
    Rockford, MN
    No, I've never asked about it before... just looking at the pictures it looks like a large Camaro event which I've never heard of before. I don't see any big sponsor type tents at the event but it sure looks fun with lots of action!.. and I'm ok with that.
    For me it would be around 10 hours, about 650 miles. I'm sure many people make the trip and turn it into a vacation. I've been to the area a few times. Hopefully next year the Camaro Nats & Sturgis Camaro Rally will be on different weekends..

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
  6. Happy_Dan

Happy_Dan Veteran Member

Sep 13, 2013
    Litchfield, NH
    Yea, it was really a great time. The year I went, the Z28 wasn't out yet but GM (Scott Settlemire aka Fbodfather) brought one along with 2 or 3 other toys. All the events really make it including a cruise to a small town cruise in. The whole town was open. The bars were walk in, get a drink and walk out. The locals were very gracious and made it fun. There is drag racing and autocrossing too. The year I went, the Nationals and this event were a week apart so I went from NH to MD then took our time getting to Sturgis. It was by far the best car trip I have even been on.

70 SS/L78 likes this.
  7. MidniteZ

MidniteZ Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 4, 2005
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa USA
    My wife and I were in the Black Hills this past summer on vacation and I found the Sturgis Camaro rally by accident. I just picked up a 2012 ZL1 and I think we know where we will go for vacation next year.