camaro stolen

Discussion in 'Camaro Questions' started by Jacobsoup, Apr 15, 2011.

1. 71camaroz27

71camaroz27 Veteran Member

Jun 23, 2011
    SW Ontario
    Jacob,
    What stone are you getting this blood from?
    If you put a lawsuit against these characters, who is to say they will pay it?
    The other option is if your State has a compenstation fund.
    Am I missing something?

Glad you got your car back.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
  2. green 1977

green 1977 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Aug 18, 2003
    On Wisconsin!
    My son had a stereo system stolen out of his truck a while ago. the police found some of his stuff... he had insurance and they had already paid for some of the loss.
    when the cops called him to Identify his stuff they asked if there was any way we could prove ownership.... my son told them he had one of his business cards between the subwoofer and the amp that was mounted to it... BINGO!!

during the sentencing they addressed my sons loss and the thief (3 boys) were ordered to pay restitution... which took 3 years but he got his money;)

3. Z28PILOT

Z28PILOT Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 8, 2009
    Emerald Isle , NC

Nice story David..... nine times out of ten when there are break-ins over here , it is a teen. You know by what they leave behind.

The HVAC repairman stole all my copper tubing out of my garage . Just no way to prove it. I guess I need to install video cams.

4. Bill81

Bill81 Veteran Member

Mar 3, 2000
    Denton, TX
    This is a great story. I re-read the story again. I to had a vehicle stolen, makes your stomach drop when you walk out to go to work and it's gone. It was found a week later stripped. Got it repaired and installed a kill switch. I have one in my camaro as well. But the camaro sits in the garage and when I go somewhere, it don't sit for that long. The thieves will get a judgement against them, and will be there until it's paid in full.

5. Jacobsoup

Jacobsoup Veteran Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Stockbridge, Georgia
    It does make your stomach drop. I actually heard them burning out getting out of the driveway.they are arresting the two guys so I hope one of them has some money. I just want my car to be back to the way it was before getting stolen. My state I believe has a program if they don't pay up. They have like two years. I called my local chevy dealer today to see if they do quotes but they said my car was too old. Figures...some awesome stories from other members on the board. Ill fill everyone on any upcoming details such as the court date and ill take a picture of the smug look on my face as those two criminals are sentenced

6. Leonards78LT

Leonards78LT Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jan 21, 2001
    Central Oklahoma
    I have been following this thread from the beginning and I could not imagine the hell you went through.
    Too bad you just can't drag them out to the middle of nowhere and slice them up long, wide and deep and then head shoot 'em.

7. Jacobsoup

Jacobsoup Veteran Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Stockbridge, Georgia
    Lol. That would be fun to do.

8. 5spd540

5spd540 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Guyton, GA
    Usually when you get a stolen car back its not worth having. Good luck to you with all the legal BS

9. CamaroDoc

CamaroDoc Veteran Member

Sep 13, 2003
    Skiatook, Okla. 74070
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2013