camaro stolen

Discussion in 'Camaro Questions' started by Jacobsoup, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Jacobsoup

Jacobsoup Veteran Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Stockbridge, Georgia
    UPDATE!!!: the detectives notified me today about two arrests for my car. They will be charged with multiple felonies and hopefully some money for repairs that need to be made. Thanks for everyone's encouragement.

2. mssl72

mssl72 Veteran Member

May 8, 2003
    Southern California
    Fantastic news!! Was one of the arrests the guy that had it?

3. mgs1971

mgs1971 Veteran Member

Jan 11, 2009
    CLEMSON, SC.
    What an awesome story. I am glad you got the car back. I can't imagine how happy and relieved you must be.

4. Goodwrench1965

Goodwrench1965 Veteran Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Charlotte NC
    You did not have theft insurance I guess from your attitude. I know I would want to kill even if I did but I hope you can get some return via insurance. If you don't have any insurance coverage than you better consider the fact that most theif like this is somebody you know. Chances are you know the slime that took the car. Remember your car is not worth killlin over but if you know where the theif took car you should consider what your options are to reveal it / get the damn thing back! good luck

5. kdracer73

kdracer73 Veteran Member

May 12, 2010
    OC, Ca
  6. 3504SPD

3504SPD Veteran Member

Cool that they made some arrests. I hate thieves.

7. Jacobsoup

Jacobsoup Veteran Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Stockbridge, Georgia
    Ya it happened to be the guy i got it back from and his brother. they got charged for running a chop shop, possession of stolen property, and some other felonies. I did not have theft insurance so I will be going tomorrow to get some quotes from my local chevy dealer about damages done when it was stolen and hopefully i will get some return money.

8. Jacobsoup

Jacobsoup Veteran Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Stockbridge, Georgia
    anyone have any experience with how the next part of my story will go? what all can i claim for retribution? i had to buy another car (99 trans am) because mine was stolen and what all can i claim to get repaired? he replaced the wheels and gave it a crappy $300 paint job.

9. indyzmike

indyzmike Veteran Member

Mar 21, 2002
    Milwaukee, Wi
    I read this whole thread and cannot immagine what you are going through. I had an S-10 Blazer stolen once and got it back all smashed up. I did not have the feelings for it like you have for your Camaro. I give you a ton of credit for not giving up on finding your car.
    I would think that if you are going to claim the costs of the theft, claim everything that you possibly can. Include the damages done to the car, lost work days, and whatever else you can think of. someone has to make a decision on what you are rewarded so I would lay it all out there. If you list things that they don't agree with, all they can say is no.
    I hope the best for you and your Camaro in the new year. Even though you still have some hurdles ahead, things will work out in the end.

10. david.rosol

david.rosol Veteran Member

Jul 2, 2009
    Southern Maryland
    I'm so glad you got your car back... I know from experience how that sickening feeling in your gut feels when you find out your cars been stolen. I hate freakin looser theives!!! I remember back in 2002 when I went to go to work... walked outside only to discover my 97 model Z71 was stolen... cops had no interest in it and told me it was probably long gone... but I found it abandoned by whoever stole it two blocks from the house... luckily they didn't do any damage to it... he just somehow got it started and took off with it... and only thing stolen out of it was a pocket knife my step-dad gave me. I called the police after finding it, they came out and said if they finger printed it, it'd do more damage than the thief did.

The next dang night, my dog woke me up by looking out the front living room window and growling very evil like (a growl I've never heard before out of him) at about 2 AM... I slowly looked out the windows, and saw my door to my truck was barley open and a set of fingers were on the steering wheel but the person was ducking behind the dash... (must have known I was looking). I threw my robe on and grabbed my Japanese 7.7mm anti-aircraft rifle... locked and loaded I flung the front door open of my house which was next to the driveway with the rifle pointed at the punk and told the person to put his hands up to where I could see them and to get out of my truck and on his knees as my girlfriend at the time had already called the cops who were in route. While on his knees I asked him if he had any weapons - he told me no except for a pocket knife... which was the same one given to me by my stepdad that he said he took out of the truck the night before. (I also checked him just in case he was hiding any other weapons). Turns out the kid was on house arrest already for grand theft auto - stealing cars and then "burning" them. Even more shocking = he was ONLY "16". Made me want to go slap his parents for raising such a fine son.

Anyway - didn't mean to highjack your story with mine - just thought I'd share that story... but I'm really glad you got your car back... the outcome could have been worse if that 16 year old kid was the one who got a hold of it and burned it. I'm so glad you got it back, maybe not as you left it, but at least in one piece.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2013