Camaro parts Europe/Netherlands

Discussion in 'International Owners' started by NvO, May 6, 2016.

1. NvO

NvO Member

Aug 14, 2015
    Netherlands
    There must be lots of people from europe around here aswell
    I am from the netherlands and currently restoring my 79 camaro.

I have gathered most parts but still need alot of small things, whenever i order these from i.e jegs,summit and even ebay. shipping gets very expensive very fast. usually the total shipping costs are more then the parts themselves.

Most aprts i ordered at once and had them shipped by container, this cut down the cost alot but the time to get here was around 4 months.

Where do you european guys order your parts? is there any warehouse in europe that im unaware of or other cheaper alternatives?

Any help is really appreciated!

2. 70SSRS350

70SSRS350 Veteran Member

Jul 30, 2010
    ITALY
    I order ALWAYS spare parts in the Usa.
    If you'll ever find a cheap warehouse in Europe, please let me know. I don't know it exist.
    I order by Summit, ebay, jegs, rockauto, classic industries, you name it, depending on what parts I'm looking for (availability, cost, quality, and so on).
    To save on shipping I usually order parts with same friends to share shipping cost (even "Phord" friends.... ahaha).
    I collect the ordered parts in a warehouse in California and when shopping is done, they make the international (air) shipping to me, in Italy.
    Even in this way shipping (and customs) cost is nearly the same cost of parts.

Normally I don't make container shipping because of long delay time.
    But it could be interesting for big and/or heavy parts (roof, rear end, frame rails..).
    Can you tell me the company you use?

Last edited: May 6, 2016
  3. onecamaro77

onecamaro77 Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nov 17, 2005
    Belgium
    Since they started the Global Shipping Program, I find that sometimes you can get a good deal when ordering certain items from amazon.com or ebay. I like the hazzle-free system where customs is already paid in advance.

70SSRS350 likes this.
  4. Amigaboy

Amigaboy Veteran Member

i try outsorcing most of the parts here. But I buy new parts over ebay. as they provide the customs fees in the shipping allready. so I dont have the hastle of going to our customs.

5. Charlie Brengun

Charlie Brengun Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 24, 2002
    the Netherlands
    mostly summit, jegs etc.. and I just suck up the shipping and tax cost. if you buy used parts through ebay you might check if the sender is willing to lower the value somewhat to reduce tax..

onecamaro77 likes this.
  6. chevyz28

chevyz28 Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Karel, if you are ever in need of parts, don't hesistate to ask me. If I can save you a "couple of bucks", I'm more than happy to try...

7. FlaJunkie

FlaJunkie Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Rockledge, Florida
    Italy import rules for traveler coming into country:

• Personal items of non-commercial nature worth up to 430 euro when travelling by air or sea

Non-commercial item are of an occasional nature and consist exclusively of goods for the personal or family use of the traveler, or of goods intended as presents. The nature and quantity of the goods must not be such as to indicate that they are being imported for commercial reasons.

I'm planning on coming to Rome next year...small things could fit in one large suitcase...

70SSRS350 likes this.