Camaro Nationals - Suggestion box

Discussion in 'Camaro Nationals' started by MadMike, Jun 23, 2014.

1. MadMike

MadMike Administrator Staff Member

Feb 11, 1999
    Dawsonville Georgia
    This is an open invitation to drop SUGGESTIONS and constructive criticism as to what you'd LIKE to see at the Camaro Nationals.

If you saw (or didn't see) something you'd like improved - toss it in here and we can hash the stuff out while it's still fresh.

2. BonzoHansen

BonzoHansen Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

A new class "Theme Cars" - the hulk, Sparta, etc.

3. Todd80Z28

Todd80Z28 Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jun 11, 2002
    Northern VA
    LOL, that would be all 5th gens.:D

4. QytumHacker

QytumHacker Veteran Member

Jan 18, 2002
    Manassas, Virginia, U.S
    Different weekend then Carlisle would be awesome then I could hit both shows

5. BonzoHansen

BonzoHansen Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

I agree, Carlisle should change their date. :)

6. ronzz572

ronzz572 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 8, 2007
    imperial pa
    I feel that the Camaro national needs to be made more publicized, I feel this public event could use a little help in this category for shure. Such as advertisements placed in major magazines hot rod car craft super chevy etc, maybe in summit racing or jegs catalogs or online sights. I realize this requires spending money, But I shure feel it will boost attendance and more cars. Almost Everyone shops or buys in those stores or buys the magazines, Also flyers posted at major car venues such as good guys, super chevy shows etc.

7. doublec

doublec Veteran Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Harrisburg, Pa

Don't see that happening...;)

8. jjs3788

jjs3788 Veteran Member

Sep 6, 2007
    Woodbine, Maryland
    I agree with Ron. I live 20 mins from Frederick and if it were not for being a member in here, I would have no idea it was going on.

9. johns 80 camaro

johns 80 camaro Veteran Member

Mar 19, 2012
    TALLMADGE ,OHIO
    Summit Racing in ohio dose because NEOCC has fall show at summit every year

10. Todd80Z28

Todd80Z28 Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jun 11, 2002
    Northern VA
    Advertising costs real money. Consider the current numbers- it was $35 to enter (for slackers like me who forgot until week of...), figure 400 entries this year at the very most (it was not this high, IMO). That's $14000 in entry fees. A few bucks more for the higher "judged" classes, but total take probably $15000, perhaps.

A single large ad (let's say 1/2 page) in a single magazine is probably a few thousand dollars (my wife is a freelance ad buyer, I could get hard numbers...). They run 5 ads in a couple of magazines and online, and BAM!, ALL the money is gone. MCC keeps zero proceeds from the show to my knowledge, they donate it all.
    If they start running ads, they either have to up the entry fee, charge gate admission, or come up with some other to get their donate pot up. All of these become barriers to increased participation in the show.

So, tough call on that one. If you've got ideas about how to pay for it, I'm sure MCC would at least consider them. I agree on getting the word out more in general, though- absolutely.

(Not affiliated with MCC in any way, nor do I have any inside info, so my numbers above could be full of sh...)