Camaro Central A/C Delete cover deos not fit A/C blower

Discussion in 'Tips 'n' Tricks Topic' started by RockinZ, Aug 3, 2010.

1. RockinZ

RockinZ Veteran Member Gold Member

Oct 18, 2008
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    :crazy: lol

2. 77nomad

77nomad Veteran Member

Nov 20, 2009
    Ski Town
    I have the box from Camaro Central. The fit is alittle off. I used the blower motor from my 78 w/o ac. The hole needed to be enlarged alittle for this too. As for the mounting holes they were off, some in no mans land. I redrilled most and just a few zip screws to fininsh it off. I kind of figured it was gonna be cheap.[​IMG][​IMG]

3. RockinZ

Oct 18, 2008
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Does the motor need to be changed as well? i thought i could get away with just the fan. maybe the shaft is longer as well?

4. Philip

Philip Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

May 30, 2006
    Marana, AZ
    I believe the shaft is the same length. If your motor is original you may consider changing it. Because of access the blower motor was changed in the 77 while the inner fender was off. Hard to tell how much life is left in a 30 year old motor and i did not want to have to do it later.

5. RockinZ

Oct 18, 2008
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Thanks

6. RePhil

RePhil Veteran Member

Jul 25, 2005
    Lorain, OH
    The American Graffiti box is more expensive, but is a nicer part. Uses the ac blower motor and is made of stronger fiberglass.

7. 77nomad

77nomad Veteran Member

Nov 20, 2009
    Ski Town
    I've never heard of that box. I must say that I'm more than alittle concerned about the heat from the headers melting the box. I'm gonna stick heat relective tape on there just in case.

8. RePhil

RePhil Veteran Member

Jul 25, 2005
    Lorain, OH
    Looks like they might have changed their name, but this is the company I'm referring to as American Graffiti... http://www.acdelete.com/index.htm

Wow, your box is that flimsy that you're worried about it melting? I would think there's plenty of space between it and the headers.

9. RockinZ

Oct 18, 2008
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Sounds like the acdelete or american grafitti is the one to get. worth the extra 20 bucks.

10. nick charlton

nick charlton New Member

Nov 12, 2016
    I bought the same cover, i had to cut off a little sheet metal where the fan bolts up, and a little other mods