camaro 78 problems

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting & Diagnosis' started by carlos valenzuela c, Jan 22, 2018.

1. carlos valenzuela c

carlos valenzuela c New Member

Jan 22, 2018
    Hi, I'm new here and I'm new to the subject of cameras
    I bought a 78 camaro for a project, but I found some problems
    1 the original motor of the windscreen wipers burns, I buy one but this is different, it has 2 wires, one pink and one black, and I do not know where to connect
    the second problem is the gas gauge, the needle is crazy and rotated 360 degrees The only thing i did was to disconnect to repair the gas tank

thanks for the help
    :)

2. Twisted_Metal

Twisted_Metal Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 26, 2004
    Bloomington, MN
    I suspect those wires may be for the washer pump. The wiring is a bit different on that year Camaro.
    A 78 Camaro had the windshield washer pump in the bottom of the reservoir instead of at the wiper motor.

I used the wiper motor from my 78 in my 80 but I don't recall how I connected the wiring.

Sorry I can't be of more assistance on this. It's been 25 years since I messed with that harness and I don't remember exactly what I did to get it to work.

carlos valenzuela c likes this.
  3. dave@ztech

dave@ztech Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 27, 2016
    NY
    I will defer to Twisted_Metal on the windshield wiper motor, on the gas tank and fuel gauge, when you replaced the gas tank did you make sure the wires that were attached, got put back in the correct location? sounds like the ground isn't happy, and I never knew the plural of a Camaro was Cameras, just like goose and geese, HAA HA

carlos valenzuela c likes this.
  4. carlos valenzuela c

Jan 22, 2018
    25 years really Twisted_Metal ? if i connect this pink and black the motor runs

dave@ztech i´m sorry jejejeje my error yes its strange only disconnect one cable, i think the gauge neds calibration.

Attached Files:

5. dave@ztech

Mar 27, 2016
    NY
    Did you disconnect the fuel gauge or did you remove the gas tank? Now I am a little confused. You said you removed to repair the tank, maybe if you explained , just a bit more, exactly what you did, then everyone could give better suggestions , maybe HAA HA

6. carlos valenzuela c

Jan 22, 2018
    the 2 things 1 disconnect the pink cable (the connection of the gauge with the gas tank ) 2nd remove the gas tank for reparation

7. dave@ztech

Mar 27, 2016
    NY
    OK, and , I am assuming, that everything worked before, so maybe a ground is not being met, as it was before, or the wires on tank are crossed, or the resistance for the tank float , is different from before, so I am way over my head here, I hope someone will have the easy answer.