Camaro '70 Z28 body and paint : full of pics.

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by Kamaro, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Kamaro

Kamaro Veteran Member

Oct 31, 2010
    Doha
    This is a budget build, done by a small garage in Doha, the bodyshop man was really excited when he saw the car and he did a very good job for the low cost.

The car has many rust issues all over the body, the parts that I replaced were left and right floor pans (new) and both rear quarters (patched from a used original quarters, bought from a forum member here), and the header bar on top of the windshield (used 4 in. cut away from a donor car).

here are all the pics that I took during the job, I will only post the pics without any comments, for the people that enjoys looking at pics and don't usually read the text (I'm one of them!) :

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
  2. Kamaro

Kamaro Veteran Member

Oct 31, 2010
    Doha
  3. Kamaro

Kamaro Veteran Member

Oct 31, 2010
    Doha
  4. Kamaro

Kamaro Veteran Member

Oct 31, 2010
    Doha
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][/URL][/IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

l16pilot likes this.
  5. jimrr

jimrr Veteran Member

Jun 12, 2016
    sarasota
    Wow.... that is some work!!

6. wiseryder

wiseryder Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 11, 2004
    belding,mi USA
    And a lot of pics ...

7. Kamaro

Kamaro Veteran Member

Oct 31, 2010
    Doha
    Well, I did mention in the topic that it has a lot of pics, I thought some of you would like to enjoy seeing the pics without going into the detail of each step. It may be annoying to wait for all these pics to download to your screen, but I thought to just try something different.

NOLAZACK, zeventy128 and joselk1 like this.
  8. 70lt1z28

70lt1z28 Veteran Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 1999
    Beavercreek, Ohio, USA
    Didn’t see a pic with it removed, but you should remove and look at the underside of the filler panel between the trunk and the rear glass. If it’s original, there is usually rust there. It’s just a few screws. Need to at least epoxy primer the underside.
    Lots of work but you’ve got a good start. Curious as to why you went this far and didnt gut the interior and a have the whole thing blasted?

Zstar likes this.
  9. l16pilot

l16pilot Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Dec 13, 2004
    Hurlock, MD, USA
    Dave - the above may answer your question...but I'm also thinking this may have started a budget build, but is turning into a more extensive effort.

By the way Kamaro - love the pics....keep them coming. :)

NOLAZACK likes this.
  10. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

Apr 2, 2016
    Jax Florida
    I was going to ask where is Doha but saw the license plate. Those guys have some skills over there. I don't mind pic's of all the details. I bet no one here minds either. I like to see what people do to repair their cars. You learn something new sometimes that way. Where did that Camaro originate from? I agree with 70ltz28. Pull the deck lid filler to kill the rust that hides in there. But I bet you probably already did that from the work I have seen. That is a lot of work not too much rust but scattered all over is tedious. Good luck with your project. Keep the pic's coming.