Camaro 1975 454 6-speed from Finland

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by pecu_83, Feb 23, 2016.

1. pecu_83

pecu_83 Veteran Member

Feb 22, 2016
    Finland
    Haha!:D
    Actually that didn't come out that well, unless you mean't "Nice (the city in Italy) you have had an explosion drive class" but thank you so much for trying! I think I understand what you tried to say though ;) it was a blast!

Bandit723 likes this.
  2. pecu_83

pecu_83 Veteran Member

Feb 22, 2016
    Finland
    I look busy because we have turns in both directions;) :D

3. xten

xten Veteran Member

Sep 24, 2014
    Pittsburgh, Pa.
    Excellent job!

4. pecu_83

pecu_83 Veteran Member

Feb 22, 2016
    Finland
    Got some new wheels to get the old look back :cool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. pecu_83

pecu_83 Veteran Member

Feb 22, 2016
    Finland
    Yesterday I made a quick base for the new front wing. It´s only plate at the moment, but I´ll add some winglets in front of the tires and some aluminium profile for rigidy later. It´s a bit wider than the old one and a bit more to the front. I also put on some highlight tape on the wheels, I think it adds a nice flavour to the car. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Zspoiler

Zspoiler Veteran Member

On the Fibermotive IMSA rear wing I was looking at it bolted to the trunk floor .Maybe its stronger that way. And continue to have all sorts of fun.

7. pecu_83

pecu_83 Veteran Member

Feb 22, 2016
    Finland
    Been a busy week. Last tuesday I started to prep my car for wednesdays track day. The alternator had stopped working (I guess rallycrossing). Had to buy a new one. I finished the wing, changed oil, unbent the skidplate etc. Then I went for our local monthly meet. On the way there, the clutch cable snapped. I had to shift without cluth the rest of the way to the meet, from there to parts store where they didn´t have a cable, from there to my dads only to find a broken cable and from there to home. I ended up welding a new thread piece on the end to make it work for next day.

At the meet
    [​IMG]

Next day was track day:
    [​IMG]

Radalta:
    [​IMG]

Then I broke my engine. I ran it too hot and under hard braking I think the oil pressure dropped and when I went back on the gas it started a really bad rod knock after two corners. I towed the car home and saturday I tore it apart.

[​IMG]

Pressure wash
    [​IMG]

7cyl rod bearing
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now I´m looking for new crank and rods. Not so easy to find here in Finland or expensive.

8. Bandit723

Bandit723 Veteran Member

Oct 1, 2016
    Waupaca WI
    Boy sounds like a rough week. Nice job on the spoiler by the way. Feel your pain on the broke engine just went thru a rebuild not too long ago.

9. Zspoiler

Zspoiler Veteran Member

What a bad week.Are you going to change to a road race oil pan or a dry sump with an oil cooler so it won`t happen again. I hope things get better for you.

10. pecu_83

pecu_83 Veteran Member

Feb 22, 2016
    Finland
    Thanks guys.

I think I´m going to modify the stock pan and add an oil cooler and ran a bit more oil at a bit higher level. And go back to Valvoline Racing 10W60 oil which I had no problems with last summer, expect it leaked a bit, but I got a handle on it this spring.

Here´s a GoPro video from the track with GPS-laptimer-data overlay: