Camaro 1975 454 6-speed from Finland

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by pecu_83, Feb 23, 2016.

1. pecu_83

pecu_83 Veteran Member

Feb 22, 2016
    Finland
    No diffuser atleast in the near future. Diffuser doesn´t stop air from getting underneath the car, but rather sucks air from under the car. A diffuser would need a flat belly under the car and much lower ride heigth to work properly. The original gas tank acts kind of like a diffuser though because it rises towards the end of the car. More downforce can be achieved by not letting too much air under the car in the first place. Even though my front wing isn´t that big it made a difference on down force (measured by corner speeds and lap times). Wider front wing plus side skirts and covering the front tires would further increase ground effect, but I don´t think if I´ll ever do those things. I kind of like the looks how it is now.

2. pecu_83

pecu_83 Veteran Member

Feb 22, 2016
    Finland
    Last weekend I re-made the rear driveshaft safety bracket, because it still touched the driveshaft under hard braking.
    [​IMG]

I also butchered an old thermostat in hope of getting it to run a few degrees cooler on the track.
    [​IMG]

3. Zspoiler

Zspoiler Veteran Member

Thats what fun about racing . experimenting .by see just how far you can push the rules. So good luck and continue to have fun.

4. pecu_83

pecu_83 Veteran Member

Feb 22, 2016
    Finland
    Yesterday after work I hit the rallycross track! The car worked flawlessly, I burn´t a couple of tanks of gas and one set of rear tires. The front wing got torn off on lap three :D I should have understood to adjust it all the way up.

Here´s a couple of videos:

Later I´ll edit a longer video [​IMG]

5. pecu_83

pecu_83 Veteran Member

Feb 22, 2016
    Finland
    A few pictures from the track:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The front wing:
    [​IMG]

70SSRS350 likes this.
  6. APEowner

APEowner Veteran Member

Dec 9, 2013
    Albuquerque, NM
    Man! That looks like fun!

7. CorkyE

CorkyE Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Ringgold, GA
    Reminds me of the song - No such thing as too much fun. :)

8. pecu_83

pecu_83 Veteran Member

Feb 22, 2016
    Finland
    Here´s the longer edit I promised:

:)

70SSRS350 likes this.
  9. Bandit723

Bandit723 Veteran Member

Oct 1, 2016
    Waupaca WI
    Nizzaa sinulla on ollut räjähdys ajaa kurssin - Hope that came out right...Looked like a lot of fun.

pecu_83 likes this.
  10. xten

xten Veteran Member

Sep 24, 2014
    Pittsburgh, Pa.
    Wow! Thanks for the ride! Excellent Vid! Would really like to do something like that some day, but not in my car. lol. You look very busy in there!

pecu_83 likes this.