Camaro 1975 454 6-speed from Finland

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by pecu_83, Feb 23, 2016.

1. pecu_83

pecu_83 Veteran Member

Feb 22, 2016
    Finland
    I tried to edit my post a bit, but it seems that editing is not an option.

I have watched IMSA and other historic races from youtube and your current historic racing series` (like Historic Trans-Am) has some beautiful cars in there too. Nice to see them in action in better video quality. There is also some videos from the old Finnish Camaro Cup:

I also got some clips from my dad recently that he shot last fall when I was driving in Ahvenisto. I posted the onboard video earlier, but here is some trackside footage:

2. Zspoiler

Zspoiler Veteran Member

Another is the 1979-81 IROC Series .That is fun to watch

3. Raceking46

Raceking46 New Member

Sep 9, 2014
    Rochester ny
    I absolutely love this!!! Working with what you've got and building cool shit. This is awesome. It's what its all about, having fun. I'm really digging the hand bent sheet metal work. You got skills bro. Keep up the good work. Happy Building and Keep it Creative ;)

4. Zspoiler

Zspoiler Veteran Member

Have you seen the Roadster Shop`s 1972 Camaro race car Rampage" .It has all sorts of new tricks to it?

5. pecu_83

pecu_83 Veteran Member

Feb 22, 2016
    Finland
    Yes. The Rampage is a hell of a car!

6. Zspoiler

Zspoiler Veteran Member

Are there any ideas you might want incorporate into yours and your friends cars?

7. pecu_83

pecu_83 Veteran Member

Feb 22, 2016
    Finland
    No. Not right now anyways. I have two little daughters and a bunch of other hobbies and activities taking my time so
    I´m going to enjoy driving the Camaro now more than building it. I might do some aero stuff and make it a bit more time attack and road course capable, but for now it´s quite close to being finished. I´m planning on to paint it this summer though.

Last tuesday there was a cruising or a meet at my hometown. I was supposed to go with my older daughter and leave the younger one home, but my wife had some serious neck pain that day so I had to choose to skip the meet or go see the cars with my daily driver or option c. I chose option C. I strapped two safety seats to my Camaro with ratchet straps. One to the passenger seat and one between the seats to the roll cage. The safety seats had their own safety belts so I was good to go to the meet with both my daughters (2 and 5 years old) in my family wagon :D

[​IMG]

8. Zspoiler

Zspoiler Veteran Member

9. pecu_83

pecu_83 Veteran Member

Feb 22, 2016
    Finland
    Yesterday I replaced the main power switch that connects my battery cable from the trunk to the starter. It didn´t quite work right even when new and at the cruising I smelled something I thought was something burning. Then one start some smoke started coming out of the switch :eek: I was worried the car will burn. I opened the old switch to see what´s it made of and why wasn´t it working properly.

[​IMG]

It seems that the plate connecting the two ends has bent (I´m guessing from the heat combined to the force applied by the spring). The part says it can handle 200A of constant current and 1000A temporarily, those limits have not been exceeded. I´m hoping it was just a bad batch or something because there weren´t better alternatives for it. If the new one melts then I´ll have to think of something.

It´s ironic that a safety switch is the part that allmost burnt the car down. Today I´m going to buy a fire extinguisher for the car.

10. Zspoiler

Zspoiler Veteran Member

Maybe you could figure out an inline fuse and or circuit breaker. as well.