Byron Dragway IL Wheelie Stand Competition Videos

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by 5LiterEater, Oct 9, 2005.

1. 5LiterEater

5LiterEater Veteran Member

Mar 1, 2004
    Pacifica, CA
    For those of you that didnt make it out here to the track, the contest was crazy and there was a gremlin doing a wheelie with no wheels touching the ground. Heres the clip I took
    http://www.ddavisart.com/ByronDragway/wheelie1.MPG

You can see some more videos and pics of it at this link http://www.ddavisart.com/ByronDragway
    One car took a very hard spill when it lost control during the wheelie. VERY NICE EVENT 8)

[This message has been edited by 5LiterEater (edited October 09, 2005).]

2. primate

primate Veteran Member

Jul 9, 2001
    LaPorte, Indiana
    that was this weekend????

man, this is the first one i have missed in 3 years..... the gremlin is always a huge showoff. was the pontiac there? grrrrrrr......

3. woody80z28

woody80z28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 8, 2004
    walton, ny usa
    Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

4. Aceshigh

Aceshigh Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Boondocks
    Damn, if I had known you were going I would have brought my Z out too. Should have called me.

5. 5LiterEater

5LiterEater Veteran Member

Mar 1, 2004
    Pacifica, CA
    Hey Primate are you talking about this guy http://www.ddavisart.com/ByronDragway/race21.jpg
    he only made one pass in the competition but it was pretty crazy, didnt get my camera out in time. Yeh Ace, it was sorta a last minute thing, i didnt even realize it was going on till my friend called me up last night and told me about it. Seems like alot of cars was having trouble out there. I saw alot of engine catch on fire and a few get pretty swirly. The gremlin forfeited in the finals after something broke and oil started pouring out in the staging lanes, but then I guess he managed to get it fixed for the wheelie comp. Also I like the Hamstra 1/8 car, did 4.14 at 180mph

6. Mr_Metal

Mr_Metal Veteran Member

Mar 2, 2002
    Cleveland, OH
    3 words for that...

BADASS !! [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. 1981coupe400ci

1981coupe400ci Veteran Member

Dec 22, 2002
    Oregon,IL
    i couldnt make it.. anyways...anyone else close to the byron strip?? i'm literally a stones throw away(takes me 10 min on a bad day)

i'm thinking of going on the last weekend they are open (nov. 12/13) for T/T ... i'd hate to go alone...

8. Aceshigh

Aceshigh Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Boondocks
    It's an hour and a half for me. 5litereater is 5 mins from my house too. I could take mine out there depending on road conditions. I haven't driven it in over 2 months, been redoing my interior from the ground up.

If you want to check it out around that time frame, email me about a week before so I can make sure my schedule is clear and I'll go. Maybe I can get Primate to go too.

9. 1981coupe400ci

1981coupe400ci Veteran Member

Dec 22, 2002
    Oregon,IL
  10. rockheadrocks

rockheadrocks Veteran Member

The gremlin was in Car Craft a few months ago... seems the car has a habit of snapping control arms and such when it comes down. All the same, three words...

BIG

STUPID

FUN!!!!

------------------
    Will beg for parts, I'm not proud.