Buying brake lines and have questions.

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering, Brake & Wheel Topics' started by CAMeeks, May 19, 2017.

1. CAMeeks

CAMeeks Veteran Member

Jan 5, 2014
    Deer Park, TX
    I tried to search but term was to short.

I'm buying the brake lines for the rear axel and came across F-41. How do I tell the diffrence between them? I have all of Kieths G2 rear suspension.

2. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

May 4, 2001
    Las Vegas, NV
    F-41 has a rear sway bar. Has nothing to do with the rear brake line. I have had many Camaros and the lines were the same. What you need to be worried about if the junction is on the axle housing or the top left face of the pumpkin.

3. CAMeeks

CAMeeks Veteran Member

Jan 5, 2014
    Deer Park, TX
  4. rchydzik

rchydzik Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nov 13, 1999
    Colbert, WA USA
    I found out the hard way that they are different. For whatever reason, the tee point on the rear axle is moved about one inch on each set. If you get the wrong set, one side will be too short. I never figured out which was which, and ended up modifyning the tee bracket.

5. CAMeeks

CAMeeks Veteran Member

Jan 5, 2014
    Deer Park, TX
    Called Just Right and they said that the f-41 has factory mounted rear sway bar and since I'm going with an after market sway bar that I should go with standard.

6. 70-camaro

70-camaro Veteran Member

Mar 25, 2010
    marietta ohio
    I used Inline Tube stainless steel. The lines were a perfect fit all the way back and with the junction block on the top left bolt of differential cover. I also used them at my master cylinder without any issues. Also fuel lines. Don't remember part numbers now though.

7. badazz81z28

May 4, 2001
    Las Vegas, NV
    I would like to see that evidence. If that was the case, GM would have needed two different differential housings for F-41 and not which I highly doubt. The only difference was the sway bar and later cars have the provisions for one. The earlier had brackets welded to the frame.

Many others that sell brake lines do not sell specifically for F-41 and not.
    For the Op, if you're car did not originally have F-41 regardless of your plans, get the non F-41 version

8. CAMeeks

CAMeeks Veteran Member

Jan 5, 2014
    Deer Park, TX
    I'm getting the non F-41 version. I'm also getting them in stainless.

I just need recommendation on fuel line now since I have a tank from Tanks for EFI that Kieth sells and a LS3. So Jegs and Right stuff doesn't recommend OEM replacement stuff. I'm going to be set up for flex fuel so I need something to handle E85.

9. 8pack

8pack Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Aug 29, 2007
    Pittsburgh, PA
    +1 on inline tube. All my brake lines from them and no problems. Well, I think I ordered the wrong front ones and they are too long, but that is on me...

10. badazz81z28

May 4, 2001
    Las Vegas, NV
    I would fab your own fuel line. With EFI I would rid of the rubber connection mid body