Building my free 32 x 50 garage

Discussion in 'Garages, Workshops & Tools' started by OsborneConst, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Da-bigguy

Da-bigguy Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Cypress, TX
    I like that wet filter idea! I've purchased a used sand blasting cabinet from a co-worker that I'm going to try and get setup this weekend. Unfortunately it will be right beside the compressor so will be a tad noisy but it is what it is!

2. Canadian Barton

Canadian Barton Member

Jul 20, 2015
    Okotoks, Alberta
    I also like this wet filter idea, which fitting gets the vacuum, the 90 or the offset?

3. OsborneConst

OsborneConst Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Every other time I have used one, I just pop on my ear muffs with a radio in them. I would take a noisy blaster over not having one!

4. OsborneConst

Oct 25, 2009
    Kalamazoo, MI
    I can't take credit for it, I just found it in another forum on accident searching for lights. The 90 goes to the vacuum, and the straight pipe goes to the sandblaster. I actually did mine slightly different on the inside. I ran the one pipe straight down from the coupler, and put a 45 on it closer to the water, instead of doing the (it actually looks like a 22* fitting) on the top, and then running the strait pipe down. I had 45's in the shop, and it just fit in the bucket better for me. You only need a few inches of water, and the pipe with the 45 sits a few inches above the water. Although, when I was doing research on it, some people actually run the pipe into the water.

5. John Wright

John Wright Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Rustburg, Va
    I too like that wet filter. I need a better blaster, mine is a cheap HF deal...it works but it's messy and hard to capture all of the media to re-use it.

6. Da-bigguy

Da-bigguy Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Cypress, TX
    I'm ready for it, have a decent set of ear protectors. Learned my lesson in the navy, working in the engine room of a small diesel driven ship for four hours at a time while on watch.

Sitting between a large 650 HP diesel main engine and a smaller 50KW generator running behind you, you learn to wear hearing protection very quickly!

7. Canadian Barton

Canadian Barton Member

Jul 20, 2015
    Okotoks, Alberta
  8. OsborneConst

Oct 25, 2009
    Kalamazoo, MI
    That looks cool. The one my buddy has that I usually go over and use has a big professional vac on top of his blaster, but so far I am impressed with how well this deal works, especially for the price! And I actually got the shop vac free, as one of my tenants left it when they moved out. I figured it didn't work, but it works great! I can't believe what college kids leave behind when they move. I have gotten a lot of good things over the years.

9. Steve.Brink

Steve.Brink New Member

May 5, 2015
    Benton, WI
    I have the same dust deputy hooked to my sandblast cabinet. It works great. There isn't a trace of any blasting media inside of my shop vac. I am very satisfied!