Building my free 32 x 50 garage

Discussion in 'Garages, Workshops & Tools' started by OsborneConst, Apr 2, 2013.

1. OsborneConst

OsborneConst Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Thanks guys!

Still slowly making progress, the furnace is in and running, ductwork installed, the walls are mostly done and painted, cabinets hung.

I talked to my plumber, and we ended up just tying into the septic system for my house, instead of installing a new system. It was 195 feet of pipe, but we had a 15' grade change, so it was not an issue.

My buddy scored me a great deal on a new TV at a Black Friday sale, so I got the "old" tv for the shop, which worked out well, since the addition blocked the old tube tv from view while in the working area of the shop

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. motown 454

motown 454 Veteran Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Ma.
    First things first the car looks great! Now! The garage is coming along nice, You never going to want to leave it. Don't put a comfortable couch or you might never leave.

3. OsborneConst

Oct 25, 2009
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Thanks! At least if I ever get told to go sleep on the couch, I'll have a great place to go lol!

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  4. OsborneConst

Oct 25, 2009
    Kalamazoo, MI
    I have been so busy at work, I haven't made a whole lot of progress, but coming along slowly!

The drywall is done in the bathroom and painted, the toilet and sink are in, and the washtub is in. None of the waterlines are hooked up yet, so none of it can be used except the toilet, which has to get the tank filled with a bucket to flush. My plumber was supposed to come over today to finish up, but we both got hung up at the beauty salon I'm building, which is opening in a few days. The water heater showed up yesterday, and the doors came in today.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Water heater:
    [​IMG]

5. motown 454

Feb 4, 2008
    Ma.
    Its always good to plan ahead !

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  6. OsborneConst

Oct 25, 2009
    Kalamazoo, MI
    I also picked up a new air compressor today. I wasn't planing on getting one yet, and I was planning on getting a bigger one, but I walked past this one at the store today and noticed that someone had put the wrong price tag on it. I asked the manager if they would sell it for that price. (I think by law they have to, but I'm not one to raise a fuss) Amazingly, she said sure, no problem. Got it for a shade under $300! I wanted to get an 80 gallon 2 stage, but for the price, I will settle with the 60 gallon. It should be way better than my 30 gallon oil less one that I have been running.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. motown 454

Feb 4, 2008
    Ma.
  8. LADDTWZ

LADDTWZ Veteran Member

Aug 11, 2012
    Schoolcraft, Michigan
    did they have 2???

9. Da-bigguy

Da-bigguy Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Cypress, TX
    Definitely a great score!

10. OsborneConst

Oct 25, 2009
    Kalamazoo, MI
    They did, and I tried to buy both that they had, but they would only sell me one at that price. After I get it hooked up, hopefully this weekend, I will have my 30 gallon one to sell, and make it an even better deal.