Building my free 32 x 50 garage

Discussion in 'Garages, Workshops & Tools' started by OsborneConst, Apr 2, 2013.

1. OsborneConst

OsborneConst Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Kalamazoo, MI
    I picked up an old industrial sandblaster from my friends dad tonight. He was a truck driver for a metal manufacturer, and he brought home one of their blaster a a few years ago when they got all new. He has only used it once, and his wife wanted it gone so she could put a refrigerator where it was setting. I told them I would get it after my floors got done, so I wouldn't have to move it extra times. Now I just need to figure out where I want to put it, and decide if I am going to clean it and paint it before I use it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Happy_Dan

Happy_Dan Veteran Member

Sep 13, 2013
    Litchfield, NH
    You have to clean it up and paint it, that garage is just too good looking not to!

3. OsborneConst

Oct 25, 2009
    Kalamazoo, MI

Lol, I had the same thought. I wouldn't take much effort to sand it and paint it. I also have to come up with a vac system for it, new gloves,and maybe change the light situation. I have been waiting to pick it up until after the floors were done. ( he gave it to me almost a year ago).and I have been waiting to get the sandblaster installed, or at least figure out where it will be going, so I can start ruining air compressor lines where the need to go.

4. motown 454

motown 454 Veteran Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Ma.
    I love how the garage came out. It looks like an awesome place for you to work. I wish I had done my floors in my garage, but at the time budget wouldn't allow for it. Now there's too much crap in there.
    If I lived near you The cabinets would continue to disappear form your driveway lol. Nice score on the blast cabinet.
    Awesome job.

5. OsborneConst

Oct 25, 2009
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Thanks!

Your a little far away, but I'm installing a new kitchen in a sorority house tomorrow, so there will be more cabinets at the end of the driveway soon! I'm sanding the Camaro down to get it ready for paint, but I will be sanding the blaster down and getting it painted next. I am also going to pick up a filter setup for it.

6. OsborneConst

Oct 25, 2009
    Kalamazoo, MI
    I went to a huge outdoor art fair last week with my wife. Out of 6 hours of walking, there was only one car related artist there. And he had a Camaro sign, so I bought it for the shop. I haven't hung it yet.

[​IMG]

7. OsborneConst

Oct 25, 2009
    Kalamazoo, MI
    I'm getting pretty excited, the Camaro goes to the painter tomorrow. If you haven't checked out my build thread, I have it all sanded down and ready to go.

[​IMG]

8. OsborneConst

Oct 25, 2009
    Kalamazoo, MI

My wife had a project to work on last night, so I went out to the shop after the kids went to bed and got it all sanded and preped for paint. This afternoon, I primed it and painted it. I didn't get any pictures of it primed.

Before:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sanded:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Painted:

[​IMG]

Now I need to order a vacuum, and gloves for it, and get some air to it so I can use it!

9. Curves

Curves Member

Aug 19, 2013
    Olympia WA
    Very nice!

If you can figure out a way, locate your compressor and vacuum in an exterior closet. You'll be loving life working in that beautiful shop listening to your tunes instead of the compressor and vacuum!

10. motown 454

motown 454 Veteran Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Ma.
    Nice job it looks brand new.