Building my free 32 x 50 garage

Discussion in 'Garages, Workshops & Tools' started by OsborneConst, Apr 2, 2013.

1. OsborneConst

OsborneConst Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Yes, and in Michigan at least, a post frame construction building is considered to have a wood foundation in the code book.

2. OsborneConst

Oct 25, 2009
    Kalamazoo, MI
    All of the posts and framing got delivered this morning. Debating on if I want to pick up the bobcat and get the holes dug today or tomorrow. My wife leaves early Monday morning and will be gone all week for work, so I won't be able to do much in the evenings with the kids, and there is a chance for light rain everyday next week. But if I get the holes in and the concrete poured, I can set posts even if it is lightly raining.

3. OsborneConst

Oct 25, 2009
    Kalamazoo, MI
    I got the holes bored for the posts today, and will be pouring the concrete for the footings tomorrow morning. And finally a few pictures.

All laid out and squared up

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I had to bust up the concrete pad in front of the shed to dig a hole

[​IMG]

Posts and lumber

[​IMG]

Post holes dug

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. hogg

hogg Veteran Member

Dec 29, 2000
    pegram,tn.,cheatam
    This is what happens in a short while in a 30 x 50 pole barn, ant got room to move around any more ,2 cars ,1 poontoon boat, two lawn mowers and a 57 truck colleting dust . full of other junk. Got to find room for the el camino so i can buy something else that will collect dust, My son's wonts his 69 chevelle convertible in there .Ha!lots of luck with that. w [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 8, 2013
  5. OsborneConst

Oct 25, 2009
    Kalamazoo, MI
    I wish I had one for just storage, but I am going to have to use mine to work out out of.

6. OsborneConst

Oct 25, 2009
    Kalamazoo, MI
    I got all of the footings poured today, and looks like I have a bunch of help for this weekend to get it framed.

7. OsborneConst

Oct 25, 2009
    Kalamazoo, MI
    One of my guys got finished with his project early today, so he came over and we got the corner posts set.

[​IMG]

It looks like I have a decent amount of help tomorrow, so hopefully we will get a lot done.

8. matta

matta Veteran Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Gilbert, SC
    cant wait to see how this turns out, keep us updated and the pics coming!

9. John Wright

John Wright Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Rustburg, Va
    Good Luck with your building. I'm finally enjoying my building.

10. OsborneConst

Oct 25, 2009
    Kalamazoo, MI
    I am hoping to get it framed, and the trusses set by Monday, but we'll see what happens. The weather isn't going to be near as nice as they predicted earlier inthe week. Around 40* with a light rain/ snow mix. Blah.