build sheet locations?

Discussion in '1970 - 1973 Specific' started by 66hemi, Jan 27, 2012.

1. 66hemi

66hemi Member

Dec 15, 2011
    AZ.
    Where would I look for the factory build sheet on my 1970 Norwood built
    Z28?

If in the back seats how do you remove them?

2. green 1977

green 1977 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Aug 18, 2003
    On Wisconsin!
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
  3. twozs

twozs Veteran Member

Aug 5, 1999
    hopewell jct ny
    in the garbage can at the norwood plant . not to many norwood cars had them , but like stated . seats , rear ( sometimes viewable from the trunk ) . front seat lower cushion . gas tank for sure , and on rare occasions under the dash

4. Gary S

Gary S Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

Apr 14, 1999
    Bismarck, North Dakota
    Build sheets are wherever you find them. They were trash after the car was built, but many of them got stuffed into a hidden part of the car rather than being removed and tossed in the trash.

5. twozs

twozs Veteran Member

Aug 5, 1999
    hopewell jct ny
    it wasn't so much that they were stuffed into places . the seats were a sub assembly that came from the "cushion room " and needed to be mated to a car on the line throug the BS. the tank was part of the chassis line and had to be mated to a body also. the tank and the rear and the trans and motor cradle were on a lower jig with the car body floating over top of the "chassis " . it was different for full frame cars as the full frame cars the body was lowered onto the "full chassis" ? chassis components were sub Assemblies and were assembled on a remote line . they then went to the main line and were installed on the main line . everything was pretty well coordinated , but each sub assembly had to be mated to a body and the way to know which body was the BS . some guys actually looked at them and or removed them , or they didn't .

6. ctchap70

ctchap70 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I found one under rear seat of a 78 and on top of gas tank on a 81. Charlton

7. al8apex

al8apex Veteran Member

Mar 11, 2005
    scottsdale, az
    you are not likely to find one at all in a Norwood built car (discussed before), however MOST Van Nuys built 70's had them under the passenger front seat AND under the gas tank ...

8. 66hemi

66hemi Member

Dec 15, 2011
    AZ.
    Are the ones on the gas tank visible in anyway without dropping the tank?

9. FlaJunkie

FlaJunkie Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Rockledge, Florida
    Don't think so.

My completely disassembled 02C Norwood 70 Z28 did not have the build sheet, but I did have the POP. If you have that, that's pretty good for reinforcing your build.