Budget Build Twin Turbo LT1

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by hoppin5478, Aug 5, 2015.

1. hoppin5478

hoppin5478 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jul 20, 2015
    Tucson, AZ
    Thanks, I should have probably grabbed the control but I didn't, I figure I'd go back and find a control that flows with my door panel when I'm done. I'll probably do the passenger side as well once I get the car mostly done and can start to tinker with the little stuff. If you decide to do it a 2010 civic mirror motor might be a better choice. I grabbed one off eBay for $15. Its still a tight fit and will need trimming but its not as deep so it might be easier to center in the housing. Keep in mind though that I haven't had a chance to test fit the civic motor. Our mirrors are bit challenging on space since they are relatively small and the bullet shape really limits the depth.

2. hoppin5478

Jul 20, 2015
    Tucson, AZ
    IMG_1299.JPG Slowly chipping away at the task list. Installed the outer window sweeps and taillight gaskets. Made more progress on the door panels as well. I was originally going to two tone the panels but I ran out of yellow material so I went all black since I still have quite a few yards. Here's the passenger side almost done.

3. 80sz

80sz Veteran Member

Feb 2, 2014
    Buffalo,n.y.
    Nice fab work. Door panels are real nice.

4. hoppin5478

Jul 20, 2015
    Tucson, AZ
    Thank you. I'm happy with them just hoping they don't look to plain in the car. I feel like I should have added some stitching or something to liven up the top portion a little but I'm getting impatient to put it together. Drove it to work yesterday for the first time painted and can't believe how many people complimented it, now I really want the rest of the interior done. ☺

5. hoppin5478

Jul 20, 2015
    Tucson, AZ
    Door panels are done and ready to install. I'm pretty happy with the finished product.

IMG_1300.JPG

Thunderkyss likes this.
  6. hoppin5478

Jul 20, 2015
    Tucson, AZ
    I think I knocked out the last hurtle for installing the door panels, I powder coated the interior handles black. Just need to reinstall them.

IMG_1305.JPG

7. hoppin5478

Jul 20, 2015
    Tucson, AZ
    Photobucket pretty much ruined my thread so I took some time today and restored the photos. I think with the exception of a couple pictures its back to the way it was. :)

7/3-SplitRS and Thunderkyss like this.
  8. hoppin5478

Jul 20, 2015
    Tucson, AZ
    Been chipping away at it and installed the power door lock actuators so I could get the door panels on. Ran in to a small set back with window crank not catching due to the thicker than factory panels but ordered some extenders to fix the issue.

IMG_1309.JPG IMG_1307.JPG

9. hoppin5478

Jul 20, 2015
    Tucson, AZ
    I've been debating how I wanted to handle locking and unlocking the doors since I shaved the locks. I have used a lot of DEI products over the years and found this pke system for a super good deal on amazon.

IMG_1311.JPG

Hopefully I'll get it installed this weekend if I have enough time and the weather cooperates.

10. hoppin5478

Jul 20, 2015
    Tucson, AZ
    Mostly wired up the keyless entry and installed the door speakers. I still need to wrap up cleaning up and mounting some of the wiring but the system seems to work well.

I wired up a couple relays to work off the negative pulse the Dei module sends to the locks and set it up for the reverse polarity solenoids I used.

IMG_1315.JPG

The door speakers installed.

IMG_1313.JPG

IMG_1312.JPG