Brembo brake setup

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering, Brake & Wheel Topics' started by Seventy1ProTour, Jan 11, 2018.

1. SS Performance

SS Performance Member

Nov 17, 2016
    Wilwood also make a small diameter piston master cylinder that would be a direct bolt in.

2. Seventy1ProTour

Seventy1ProTour Member

Oct 18, 2017
    Huntersville NC
    I'm currently running 19" xxr wheels and I've already checked for clearance. I'm using 5x120.65 to 5x120 adaptors in the front, I was in the rear until I re did my fitment and did not need adaptors.

I'm actually planning to sale my wheels and get a custom set made by us mags or another place...or quite possibly just throw a set of C6 z06 wheels and correct sized adaptors. We will see.

3. Seventy1ProTour

Seventy1ProTour Member

Oct 18, 2017
    Huntersville NC
    You'll def need 18" or higher wheels and the spoke style will come into play with these brembos.

Zulu28 likes this.
  4. Zulu28

Zulu28 Veteran Member

Dec 19, 2013
    Vancouver, BC
    Seventy1ProTour, I'll be interested how you cobble the Brembo's together, I called Tobin at Kore3 a while back to see if he had abutment brackets for ZL1 calipers, he didn't at that time and most likely still doesn't because his products for our cars are mostly based on the C5 Corvette which uses rotors that are 5x120.65 (5x4.75"), his products are great but it presents me with a problem that I haven't figured out yet, the 'affordable' wheels that I kind'o like are 5x120, I'm getting new axles so I can get them drilled 5x120, I could buy CPP spindles and stuff ZL1 Camaro hubs in them, that solves the wheel problem, now what about brakes, I have rear brakes from an 01 Ls1 camaro which is a 4.75" bolt circle (insert head bang here) I'm not clear on the difference between the Corvette/Camaro rotor offset/height if any, I'm now going to change my forum name to Camaro Cobbler, there have been days when I'm thinking just to phone DSE and be done with it......and may god have mercy on my poor wretched soul!! Sure like what you're doing though, keep going!

5. Zulu28

Zulu28 Veteran Member

Dec 19, 2013
    Vancouver, BC
    Check this thread, it might give you some ideas on Z06 wheels
    http://nastyz28.com/threads/cdorhouts-pro-touring-71-camaro.263180/

6. Seventy1ProTour

Seventy1ProTour Member

Oct 18, 2017
    Huntersville NC
    Hey Zulu, so the 5th gen Camaro bolt pattern is 5x120, the thridgen guys are able to use the rotors because the studs are larger on the 5th gen, allowing the .65mm offset of the pattern to slip on to the thirdgen hubs.

For this application, I will be able to use the 5th rotors as well, with proper milling on the hub bore hole(3-4mm total). Remember, my spindles will be completely custom fabbed for brembo packages, to include all of GM brembo brake packages. If I were to run 2016 brembos and rotors I would not need to mill the rotor bore as they increased the bore size in 2016. No, the rotor for a 16' will not work with a 10-15' brembo caliper... I asked...

7. Seventy1ProTour

Seventy1ProTour Member

Oct 18, 2017
    Huntersville NC
    Also, you could run the Corvette rotor with the brembos but, the offset of the rotor hat causes you to have to shim the caliper, and the rotor is slightly smaller in diameter..which could lead to uneven wear. I've been researching this setup for a few months now.

8. SS Performance

SS Performance Member

Nov 17, 2016
    You could also have the rotors redrilled with the needed bolt pattern. If you look at some after market brakes they have multiple bolt patterns so it should not be an issue. Any competent machine shop should be able to do this.

Also brake rotors are hubcentric ans opposed to studcentric. So using the 5 gen rotors with a larger stud hole should not be a problem.

9. Zulu28

Zulu28 Veteran Member

Dec 19, 2013
    Vancouver, BC
    So, the key to this is to use Brembo calipers along with Camaro rotors, hmmmm starting to figure this out I think.
    On the rear Brembo calipers what is the measurement between the mounting holes for the abutment, just wondering if I can use the 4th gen ebrake.