Brake pic

Discussion in '1978 - 1981 Specific' started by HawkX66, Oct 19, 2017.

1. HawkX66

HawkX66 Member

Sep 20, 2017
    MI/MA
    I think the previous owner removed a line lock set up from my car. Of course, when you need to see a pic of something you've seen a million times, you can't find it.
    Would someone with a stock set up post a picture of their master cylinder/booster area for me? I'm trying to see how it's plumbed compared to mine. I posted a pic of mine. I want to replace the leaking MC and get rid of any extra lines. Thanks.

[​IMG]

2. COPO

COPO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 15, 1999
    Ontario, Canada
    DN what yr urs is, mines a 70 if you want to see pics in my engine section of my web site in my sig file.

3. HawkX66

HawkX66 Member

Sep 20, 2017
    MI/MA
    Thanks. I'm looking for a 79 though.

4. J. Chris Davis

J. Chris Davis Veteran Member

Jul 13, 2004
    Dixon, IL USA
    Here are a couple pictures of mine. One picture when I was removing the engine before I messed with it and a more recent better quality picture, but after I had changed the master cylinder, prop valve and the two lines going from the master to the prop valve. Hope these help a little.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. larrylarry

larrylarry Veteran Member

Dec 22, 2011
    San Antonio Tx
    CF977EBF-A8BB-4E0A-B6FC-4933C6E6D91C.jpeg My 81 Camaro master & booster on my 78 Z28. IMO the bestes cheapest way to do a disc/disc.

6. Burd

Burd Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 6, 2011
    Detroit Mi
    I know a few parters if your looking for rear Disc set ups.

7. Glava

Glava Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Central NY
    It looks like you had some responses, but let me know if you need more shots and I can get some off of my 79 Z for you -it is totally original.

8. HawkX66

HawkX66 Member

Sep 20, 2017
    MI/MA
    Thanks a lot for the posts guys. The pics did help J. Chris Davis. Glava, a close up of the proportioning valve would help if it's not too much trouble. I think I know exactly what they did and it's an easy fix, but a closer pic will confirm it.
    larrylarry and Burd. I'd love to throw a rear disk set up in, but there isn't even 100 miles on what I have. It's what was installed when the Currie 9" went in. I just don't think the juice is worth the squeeze right now.
    I pulled the MC this morning because it was leaking. I'm going to just throw a new one on instead of rebuilding the one I have. I'll keep it as a spare and if it's the original, I always try to keep the original parts.
    My new toy arrived this morning. I've always done brakes the old fashioned way. "Hey wife! Come on out and pump the brakes for me!" I bought a pneumatic bleeder. I think it's going to make bleeding brakes a ton easier. I never cared my for my vacuum bleeders that you pump by hand.
    It's funny. The more I think about this, I think, why don't I just throw another line lock solenoid back in? There's a few for less than $70-$100.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2017
  9. J. Chris Davis

J. Chris Davis Veteran Member

Jul 13, 2004
    Dixon, IL USA
    Those were the best ones I had of that area. Might be able to save the picture itself then zoom in on it to see that area better.

10. BonzoHansen

BonzoHansen Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

Help? This is my 77

Attached Files: