brake booster/seats

Discussion in 'Camaro Questions' started by wefertig, Sep 13, 2016.

1. wefertig

wefertig New Member

Sep 13, 2010
    Lewisburg, WV
    I have a 77z 4sp.that I bought new.After39 years,it needs a new brake booster.Anyone know any tips on how to remove the 4 nuts that hold the booster to the firewall?Also,does anyone know where I can find the plastic boot that the brake push rod goes in inside the vehicle? Finally,has anyone tried the procar rally,series 1000 replacement seats?? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

2. 2nd gen Guy

2nd gen Guy Veteran Member

Jul 29, 2012
    Coon Rapids, Mn
    Welcome to the site, I can help on the booster questions, the 4 nuts on the back are lock nuts so its not a simple task to remove em unless you can find a speed wrench of sorts, because its a tight location. I just did mine on my 79 and it was a slow process with a regular wrench. Unbolt the master cylinder (2 bolts on the front of the booster) when you have most of the booster unbolted and then finish the booster nut removal.
    As far as the plastic boot behind it the new booster should come with it, mine did. I got a new GM booster off EBay and its a nice unit for less than $100, Can PM you the sellers info if you want it, its got a DELCO MORAINE stamp on it.
    Also, if you do get a booster with no plastic boot I can send you my old one, I was actually looking to pitch the booster this eve. I'll save the boot for a few wks in case you need it.

3. wefertig

wefertig New Member

Sep 13, 2010
    Lewisburg, WV
    Thanks for the info.Yes,I would like to have the plastic boot.My new booster didn't have one and the original is long gone. My address is 231 E. Bailey Road,Lewisburg,WV 24901. Please let me know how much I owe you for shipping,handling,etc.,and I will gladly reimburse you. Once again,thanks very much for all your help.

4. 2nd gen Guy

Jul 29, 2012
    Coon Rapids, Mn
    Ok, I'll box it up for you

5. 2nd gen Guy

Jul 29, 2012
    Coon Rapids, Mn
    Ok, I need your name for Shipping. And PM your address in the future instead of posting it for the world to see, just an FYI