~~boycott Citgo~~

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by BamaZ28, May 10, 2006.

1. cam80

cam80 Veteran Member

Jun 1, 2003
    savannah, GA USA
    I do when its a legitimate concern. Why do ANYTHING to line this guy's contempuous pockets when you can just as easily line someone elses? This guy is a joke and while I don't think we need to raise a debate on how "swell" he is, driving that tenth of a mile to the next gas station is HARDLY an unheard-of request. Thanks for the info Bama.

2. FZ-28's

FZ-28's Veteran Member

Dec 18, 2001
    Hinkley, Ohio
    Shell Oil has already backed out of Venezuela due to their current government demanding ridiculous increases in the amount of levees, taxes, etc. paid by non-national oil companies to that country for exporting their oil. And they did so leaving and losing millions of dollars in previous investment in the Venezuelan oil fields. What does that tell you?
    Shell is large enough to tell Chavez to stick it up his asz while other oil companies do not have the same backlog of resources including untapped fields and former contracts that Shell Oil has. So we cant hold it against certain oil companies that HAVE to deal with the likes of Chavez to stay in business.

The new bad boys on the block are no longer OPEC according to current news.
    The world economy will have to deal with Venezuela, Iran, and Russia to get the petroleum and natural gas that existing or emerging economies may need beyond our own untaped resources and OPEC.

And that includes he USA folks.

3. Todd80Z28

Todd80Z28 Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jun 11, 2002
    Northern VA
    Remember, this is also the nutjob that provided a crapton of low-cost heating oil to people in the Northeast last winter.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10157028/

A political move to be sure, but oil for poor folks, nonetheless.

4. cam80

cam80 Veteran Member

Jun 1, 2003
    savannah, GA USA
    Todd, I was going to bring that up, but it was too politically motivated for me to touch. IIRC the names Rodham and Clinton had a lot to do with that as well. It's a nice effort though from a very rich ruler of a lot of poor people.

5. Ryan 79

Ryan 79 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Granite Falls, WA
    Chavez is an enemy of the U.S. simply BECAUSE he told the oil companies to stick it in their ass, and that the oil revenues were going to be used for the good of their PEOPLE, not to line only some oil executives pocket.

He WAS elected, ousted by a coup that had OUR fingerprints on it, and regained power. Sounds like democracy in action to me, and isn't that what we're supposed to be spreading?

Chavez bring us down? Why are so many of you so scared of nothing?

Tell you what. I'll name the next two enemies of the U.S. who you haven't heard of. One is Bolivia, since they just told the oil companies the same thing as Venezuela did. Another is NORWAY, since they are openly talking about starting an oil exchange that will only take EUROS as payment for oil.

I guess we should all listen to the great advice of Pat Robertson, the greatest Christian ever, who says "we should take him(Chavez) out." Meanwhile, Robertson has a diamond mine with the using defacto slave labor and his tax exempt "Operation Blessing" to supply the mines with equipment and supplies, all under the guise of the African Development Company. Chavez may be a scumbag, but there is no doubt that Pat Robertson IS a scumbag, but he obviously feels the need to "take him out."

The people have truly missed the point of why Chavez is so hated. He stood up and bucked the corporate world that thinks they own EVERYTHING. The oil, the country, and the PEOPLE. This is why Robertson is so pissed off as well, as maybe he felt there could be a Venezuelan Development comapny that could do what is being done in Zaire, which is having slave labor make you big profits.

FYI, we have ALLIES that are far worse to their people and America than Venezuela.

6. tom3

tom3 Veteran Member

Aug 1, 1999
    ohio
    How long until the Three Stooges are out of office? Hope our country can survive the Bush/Chaney/Rice continuing fiasco.

7. Todd80Z28

Todd80Z28 Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jun 11, 2002
    Northern VA
    Ok, so-

1. we can't use Citgo because of the pinko Chavez.
    2. we can't use ExxonMobil because of their excessive retirement packages for execs.
    3. Texaco is no good, their fingers are too deep in Middle East oil.
    3. we can't use Shell because they're, well, Dutch. Nobody likes the Dutch.

Who's left? Sunoco? Which has enough oil to supply 1.2% of our daily needs. Great. That'll get me to the end of my street each day for my commute.

How come "figure out how to use less" doesn't ever seem to come up in these convos?

8. cam80

cam80 Veteran Member

Jun 1, 2003
    savannah, GA USA
    Well if we all use Sunoco we will be forced to use less as there won't be enough supply! :D

9. Strange81Z

Strange81Z Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nov 29, 2001
    Amarillo, Tx
    Everyone keeps posting how Chavez is an elected President. They fail to mention how he is changing the political scene towards a Communist type government. Sure he was elected, but lets wait and see if he politely leaves office once his term is up. I'm not a betting man, but in this case I'd likely put up my Camaro to say that he won;t go without a fight...

He is transforming his country into a communist state. Just watch/listen/read his speeches and you can see he resembles any other dictator out there when he talks. He talks all big and bad as if he is the only person who can run thier country.

10. BamaZ28

BamaZ28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 16, 2002
    USA
    I probably should of named this subject differently, as I was more or less just trying to pass out information, rather than start an actual boycott. Lesson learned :)