Boycott Autozone!

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by junkyardZ28find, Oct 25, 2014.

1. junkyardZ28find

junkyardZ28find Veteran Member

Mar 4, 2012
    des moines, iowa
    Hah....I just found out Autozone's commercial side of their stores drop ship parts to their commercial accounts from Rockauto after marking up the price! But they still say they don't match online prices for walk-in customers because Rockauto isn't "direct" competition! Wtf? So they still screw the DIY customers!

2. stevenp3762

stevenp3762 BANNED

Feb 7, 2013
    bradenton fl.
    They aren't screwing you. Drop shipping is done in every form of business. Also that brick and mortar store has many exspenses to cover. They are still cheaper than advance auto and orielys. That's why your shopping there. Get over it, they're more than fair....

3. 1971CamaroGuy

1971CamaroGuy Veteran Member

Oct 31, 2004
    Arkansas
    I rarely go into the local parts stores (o'rellies, autozone, advanced) anymore. If I do it's for a can of paint or a cheap part like a thermostat if I needed it then.

Fore the larger stuff like alternators or radiators it's WAY cheaper to get it online. My last alternator for my DD pickup came from rock auto.

4. loyal guardian

loyal guardian Veteran Member

Aug 28, 2013
    helena mt
    Orielys and autozone have the same supplier. Both stores have admitted that to me here. Im loyal to autozone so if i cant get it there i go online

5. 5spd540

5spd540 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Guyton, GA
    I sold my old cars and have not been in a parts store or been on line in over 6 months and I can tell you I wish I would have sold off my old cars years ago. It is such a relief not to have junk to work on and I can save money to buy a good car.

6. tskills10

tskills10 Veteran Member

Dec 1, 2007
    painesville, OH
    I've been using the new O'rielly's lately over Autozone, or Advanced auto. They match prices and MOST of the people there seem to have a better clue than the button pushers at the other stores. Plus they also give a military discount. I have started using Rock auto and A-M autoparts for some things.

7. RS1979

RS1979 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jun 18, 2013
    Memphis, TN
    I prefer NAPA over them all. My parts dept buys from them plus my neighbor works there so I get as good a deal as the others and get better parts.

8. ls777z

ls777z Veteran Member

Feb 19, 2000
    Clay,NY
    I generally use the parts store I've been buying from since 1978. But if I need something small I have an Autozone and Pep Boys down the road.

9. Gary S

Gary S Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

Apr 14, 1999
    Bismarck, North Dakota
    I don't have an Autozone store in my area, but if I did, I'd go there. When I need an auto part, I want to fix it now, not next week when the parts arrive from some internet store. I'm a get-it-done person, and sitting and waiting for someone to ship me parts isn't happening unless I can't get it locally.
    My vehicles don't sit in the garage waiting for parts when those parts are in a store near me. My vehicles are expected to run every day of their lives.

10. Mike N

Mike N Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jan 13, 2002
    Spencerport, NY.
    News flash..... Most parts stores use Rock Auto as a supplier. This is nothing new.