Body Bushings Replacement: How to with tips

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering, Brake & Wheel Topics' started by sandiego74, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Tpichevy

Tpichevy Veteran Member

Jun 21, 2016
    Boise id
    I hate it PB has taken a lot of the good stuff away from foums

2. Bandittransam

Bandittransam New Member

Sep 20, 2017
    that worked! thanks!

3. sandiego74

sandiego74 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 23, 2009
    San Diego, CA
    Just to update, I tried to update my account settings on Photobucket, but apparently it didn't do any good. Sorry, everyone.

4. Lowend

Lowend Administrator. .a car, a man, a maraca. Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 25, 1999
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Can you throw them on imgur? it's still free

5. CorkyE

CorkyE Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Ringgold, GA
    FWIW I'm using Firefox with add-on photobucket imbed fix 0.0.2 and can see the pictures.

6. 54baker

54baker Member

Oct 29, 2014
    Waverly, ia
    My new to me 81 z28 is getting solid mounts put in as we speak....well, after the PB Blaster soaks a few days. I noticed that someone had done the rear mounts with poly mounts. Those will be easy to replace. The bad.....they took an impact to the next ones in line behind the front wheel wells without soaking the nuts it appears. The cage is shot. The PO obviously got frustrated because he wasn't a member of the NastyZ28 forum and just left the crappy mounts as is. So now it's my problem. Any suggestions? The car is rust free and I don't want to hack into it, but on the same hand, I'm not against cutting the floor board access hole and patching it back in if I have to. I am removing the carpet anyway to replace it eventually. I will be welding in sub frame connectors as soon as I'm done doing this. I'm taking pix to start a build thread soon... Just not sure what to do if the cage is mangled already.... thx

7. 54baker

54baker Member

Oct 29, 2014
    Waverly, ia
    BTW....thanks for the Chrome Photobucket fix!!!! That is the best news I've had in awhile!!! Hope it lasts.

8. Bandit723

Bandit723 Veteran Member

Oct 1, 2016
    Waupaca WI
  9. 54baker

54baker Member

Oct 29, 2014
    Waverly, ia
  10. 54baker

54baker Member

Oct 29, 2014
    Waverly, ia
    Well, I cut the floor pans. I found enough rust to determine I am going to replace the front footwell anyway. Once I cut the small hole out I spot welded the nuts to the frame. The bolts had been soaking for a week in PB Blaster mind you. I was able to go back and forth, working the socket and got them both free. One of the bolts was about shot. Surprised it didn't twist off.... key is to soak and soak.... 20171028_130629.jpg