Blown 79 Z28 Camaro Make it Better Project

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by Bandit723, Oct 1, 2016.

1. 70Chev

70Chev Veteran Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Brisbane, Australia
    Oh man, sorry to hear but good luck and look forward to seeing you back here at it soon.

Darren

Bandit723 likes this.
  2. ISRcamaro

ISRcamaro Veteran Member

Oct 10, 2016
    Israel
    Wish you the best buddy!
    Hope to see you soon healthy and working on your car.
    Take it easy and B cool!

Bandit723 likes this.
  3. Canadian Barton

Canadian Barton Veteran Member

Jul 20, 2015
    Okotoks, Alberta
    Take care of your health and follow your doctors orders for recovery and you will be back up in no time. Use the car as motivation tin your recovery. Good luck and God bless!

Bandit723 likes this.
  4. Bandit723

Bandit723 Veteran Member

Oct 1, 2016
    Waupaca WI
    Thanks all for the good wishes and suggestions - I did survive the surgery on Monday Thank God for that. ended being a quadruple by-pass.

Looking forward to working on the Car again.

5. ISRcamaro

ISRcamaro Veteran Member

Oct 10, 2016
    Israel
    Good news bud! Cheers!

6. indyzmike

indyzmike Veteran Member

Mar 21, 2002
    Milwaukee, Wi
    I hope you are doing good while recovering. It is way too cold to be out in the garage working on your car anyway.

7. DB Z28

DB Z28 Veteran Member

Nov 30, 2003
    Fond Du Lac
    Hope you get well soon, Hey the good news its going to get warmer this week

8. Bandit723

Bandit723 Veteran Member

Oct 1, 2016
    Waupaca WI
    Well has been awhile since i posted anything or done any work to the car since the surgery but was feeling much better this month so did manage to get a few things done. And Thanks everyone for the warm wishes is much appreciated.

So the weather has not been too bad and finally feeling better I started going after a few items i had left over from last year. First item that was on the list was to go after the exhaust system again. I had put in an X-Pipe system last spring and to be honest was just not happy with it. It was a 3in system that included their race pro mufflers. System did not flow well with the blower setup and in my opinion did not have the sound that i am looking for "sounded like a rice grinder" so, bought a pair of flowmaster 44's and refurbished the old tubes from the headers going back. Made a big difference, has the awesome flowmaster rumble and the engine does breathe much better. Also for whatever reason this setup does not have the nasty interior resonance that the old 40's had.

Few pics of what i used.

40's, 44's and the race pro mufflers. 44's and race pro's where almost identical in dimensions

_DSC0824.JPG

Tubes i used to replace the X-Pipe

20180310_091825[1].jpg

exhaust stuffed under the car

_DSC0823.JPG

Still need a few adjustments I will at some point pull the pipe coming from the headers and get some pieces fabbed up to do this right. Probable should get a few of them done to sell.

20180311_123623[1].jpg

9. Peck

Peck Veteran Member

Mar 20, 2018
    Tacoma,WA
    I have just been reading through your build. I am glad to hear you are feeling better and back as I would like to see how your project progresses.

10. Bandit723

Bandit723 Veteran Member

Oct 1, 2016
    Waupaca WI
    There is a new Speed Shop starting up in Waupaca so I figured I would throw a plug out here to show it off. Rumour is Greg "the owner" is going to chop a car with Gene Winfield at the Iola Car show this year.

gregs.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/gregsspeedshop/

Folks from the Iola Car Show produced this PR video