Big bumper delete 1977 Camaro

Discussion in 'Camaro Questions' started by Procharmo, Mar 10, 2009.

1. BondoSpecial

BondoSpecial Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 20, 2004
    Southern Maryland
    Those fillers will make it look so much better. Just pray you don't ever crash into anything with that car, having no bumper

2. dirtmod08

dirtmod08 Veteran Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2007
    Central Illinois
    Looks real nice. I know what you mean about the lower valance. I found an OEM a couple years ago and it brought $750.

3. Rich Schmidt

Rich Schmidt Veteran Member

Mar 27, 2010
    Denville NJ
    Maybe adjust the lower grill so that it sits flush with the lower valance at the very bottom,then paint the divider bar so that it looks like one big continous grille. From there fab a new lower grill using a cut off piece of an upper grill to form the very bottom of your existing upside down upper grille,experimant with some stick on wheel well molding to make a narrow chrome bezel around the grill. It looks great so far though.

4. marlin

marlin Veteran Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Wantagh, NY
    Very creative, nice work. On a picky note, I think it would look a bit better if you got the gap even all the way around on the insert.

5. nickpauls13

nickpauls13 New Member

Feb 3, 2012
    rexburg, idaho
    This is a sick setup man, props. You're the only one i've seen without the big bumper, have more people done this? Any links? I'm for sure interested in doing this on mine.

6. bnelson

bnelson Member

Dec 1, 2010
    San Marcos,Texas
    Nice modification so far. I'd like to see a full front view.

The legalities of modifying a US car might put this mod out of reach for those of us who have daily drivers.

7. XxWickedz28xX

XxWickedz28xX Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

May 22, 2001
    Carmel, NY
    That is some fine handy work. Looks great. Some tweeking and i thing you'd b done.

8. crashbox455

crashbox455 New Member

Feb 6, 2006
    Any updates?

Very cool.

9. bnelson

bnelson Member

Dec 1, 2010
    San Marcos,Texas
    Started my front bumper delete yesterday. Similar in design but tweaked just a bit for a split bumper hardware. I'm not going to touch the rear...yet, but will trim it some.

It will be a work in progress.