Big brake upgrade tall spindle brembo

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering, Brake & Wheel Topics' started by Seventy1ProTour, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Seventy1ProTour

Seventy1ProTour Always modding

Oct 18, 2017
    Huntersville NC
    Anyone running these?

http://bigbrakeupgrade.com/product-category/1970-96-gm-tall-spindle/

GM tall spindles that accept various GM brembo factory applications. I had been doing research on how to fit the Camaro SS calipers, since they are so affordable, but didn't come up with much.

2. Seventy1ProTour

Oct 18, 2017
    Huntersville NC
    Bump.

Spoke to big brake upgrade, these will bolt up to any 2nd gen. They are based off of 79-81 large outer bearing spindles. So if you have 79-81 spindles you can get the core return. If you have 70-78 spindles, you can send them to him and he will modify them to work. Same price in the end for both scenarios aside from the early spindles needing a bushing.

3. Lowend

Lowend Administrator. .a car, a man, a maraca. Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 25, 1999
    San Jose, CA, USA
  4. John Wright

John Wright Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Rustburg, Va
    Anyone else having trouble with the link in the OP?
    The page starts to open then stops.

5. BonzoHansen

BonzoHansen Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

6. BonzoHansen

BonzoHansen Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

7. Seventy1ProTour

Oct 18, 2017
    Huntersville NC
    Yes for brembo,I'm very familiar with all of the c5 conversion parts. I actually have c5 calipers already(just no abutments), uninstalled. I'm just thinking for the price, I can run brembo front to rear. Those calipers are so easy to find cheap. I found calipers rotors and pads (for which I will measure discard thickness before purchase) for $300.

I priced out z51 abutments, rotors and pads(f&r) and the custom works kit with kore3's rear c5 brackets. Plus me hacking the spindles myself. Just over $1k

Used 2014 Camaro SS brembo (f&r) calipers, rotors and pads, bigbrakeupgrade spindles, and kore3's rear brackets for brembo. Under $1k

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  8. Seventy1ProTour

Oct 18, 2017
    Huntersville NC
    Plus they look cool, probably stop the same as c5's, so this wouldn't be me looking for increased performance.