Best Way To Lift Dust&Dirt Off?

Discussion in 'Detailing Topic' started by krabben1, Dec 6, 2010.

1. krabben1

krabben1 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

May 16, 2007
    ( . Y . )Delco
    I like that stuff.Looks like it will fit the bill.Im going to have to order some of it this weekend.

2. David79Z28

David79Z28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 22, 2009
    Greenville, TX
  3. krabben1

krabben1 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

May 16, 2007
    ( . Y . )Delco
    Thanks to David for the lookout.I got a buy one get one at autogeek for the Optimum Car Rinse and bought a bottly of Meguiars M-21.Gonna get that dust off and shine that puppy up,lol.

4. David79Z28

David79Z28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 22, 2009
    Greenville, TX
    Anyone else want to try ONR, it's on sale at Autogeek.net

Buy one quart, get the second free. At the dilution ratio, it lasts a long time!!!

http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-no-rinse.html

Works great on my garage queens and even my DD, when it is dusty..

5. 70sbudget

70sbudget Veteran Member

Mar 21, 2008
    san diego
    between california car duster and meguires auto detailer spray, no reason to ever wash your car. ;)

6. COPO

COPO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 15, 1999
    Ontario, Canada
    I use the California duster after taking the car out and use Mother's Show/Shine spray when it needs it, otherwise it's in the garage under a car cover.

7. protour73

protour73 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 21, 2006
    West of Chicago
    My Detailing preferences .......

My car is nowhere near a daily driver, and it's only been rained on once. But the care of a new paint job, or even an older good quality paint job is pretty specific. Dust, even the smallest particles will scratch your paint. So be sure to be very thorough and careful when you clean the car's paint.

I've never used a hose to wash my car in over 4 years since it's been painted. One of the most important cleaning tools is a claybar. Mequire's has a nice clay bar kit. YouTube has tons of video's on how to use a claybar. even NEWER paint needs to claybarred. You would be very surprised how much embedded dirt gets pulled up with a clay bar. This should be done before any wax or polish is applied.

For general cleaning I now use Sprayway http://www.spraywayinc.com/products.php?id=050 after hearing about it from my paint guy. I use this instead of the Show/Shine and Detail sprays as you can get a 4 pack from places like Sam's Club or Target for $7.99!!!! YEA, it's just a glass cleaner ....... but it is ammonia free and leaves NO film behind. Come back from a day of cruising or car show and just spray it on and wipe immediately with a clean microfiber towel. The foaming action with lift the surface dirt.

AND ......... if you have a good quality paint job on your Camaro or even your daily driver ..... ALWAYS use NEW - CLEAN microfiber towels. Even if you drop it on the garage floor or driveway, do not use it. Wash it first. When the microfiber towels get dirty, just wash them in the washer with a HOT wash to get wax dust out of the fibers.You can get a huge pack of nice microfiber towels at places like Sam's Club. Be very careful of the microfiber towels with the sewn edges as these edges can mar your paint. Fold your towels in fourths and and keep a clean side of the towel to the paint.

AND ........ I also use a California Duster!!!

[​IMG]

8. Dave Nelson

Dave Nelson Veteran Member Gold Member

Dec 19, 2003
    Vineland N.J USA
    Sprayway is without a doubt the best glass cleaner I have ever used. When used with microfiber towels your windows will never look cleaner, and will not leave streaks.Check out the link, they have been making this product since 1947.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
  9. tmv36830

tmv36830 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jan 22, 2011
    Auburn, Alabama
    Wrap your duster no matter the brand in newspaper for a couple of days. This helps tremendously.

10. protour73

protour73 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 21, 2006
    West of Chicago
    Yes, great on windows, but I'm talking about using it to clean the entire car!!! ;)