Best place to search for a clean project??

Discussion in 'Camaros Wanted' started by Lars_2Gen, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Lars_2Gen

Lars_2Gen Veteran Member

Dec 29, 2017
    Fullerton, CA
    Looking for a clean 70-73 project. Don't care too much about options, but the body needs to be clean, I have an engine and trans so thats not an issue. Not looking to do a show quality resto, but to put together a nice driver.

I've been searching CL and Ebay, but most cars on there are over priced - even the rust buckets!

I'm headed out to the Pomona Auto Swap this weekend, but am open to any ideas of where I can search for this mythical beast - a realistically priced project.

2. tom3

tom3 Veteran Member

Aug 1, 1999
    ohio
    I'd think you are in the perfect place to find a project. From there to all points south and near east anyway. Let us know what you come up with.
    I remember back in the early 70s I was in Richmond visiting an Army buddy, went to a junkyard nosing around, had a good sized lot of tri-five Chevys, incredible to see those cars with zero rust, still had factory paint on the underbody, 57s with solid bumper ends, etc.
    Just don't get any better than that I'd think.

3. Lars_2Gen

Lars_2Gen Veteran Member

Dec 29, 2017
    Fullerton, CA
    Thanks Tom, yeah, CA has a lot of clean rust free cars... the problem has been most owners think their cars are made of gold!

I've seen people mention FB groups... but I really don't get too deep there.

I'm looking for ideas of where people are posting their cars (what sites), rather then where (geographically) to find a car.

4. harbone66

harbone66 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Central Illinois
    Arizona and New Mexico is a good place to look

2ndGenCrazy likes this.
  5. Lars_2Gen

Lars_2Gen Veteran Member

Dec 29, 2017
    Fullerton, CA
    Thanks, but I'm looking for ideas of where people are posting their cars (what sites), NOT then where (geographically) to find a car.

6. Lars_2Gen

Lars_2Gen Veteran Member

Dec 29, 2017
    Fullerton, CA
  7. younda

younda Veteran Member

Jun 26, 2015
    MA USA
    budro6968 likes this.
  8. 2ndGenCrazy

2ndGenCrazy Veteran Member

Aug 18, 2011
    Upstate New York
    California cars are no guarantee. The sea air can cause rot in the top half. Ask me how I know!

budro6968 likes this.
  9. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

May 4, 2001
    Las Vegas, NV
    Yeah, coast cars rust on the inside...I know from experience too.....

71RSLS and 2ndGenCrazy like this.