Best place to jack up the camaro

Discussion in 'Camaro Questions' started by Levi, Jul 6, 2007.

1. Chevy 350

Chevy 350 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Apr 4, 2007
    So. IL
    My grandpa bought this old car for $27.50 back in the 50s. Thing ran great. One day at his club house near the river the transmission broke. He said him and his buddies that also owned the club tipped it on its side and strapped it to a tree. He fixed it, let her fall back down and drove it some more til it was junk

That said, me and my uncle jacked mine up last week and put some old insulator plates from a WWII battleship electrical cabinet on the ground and placed jackstands on them under the axles. Ive TRIED to push the car over and its solid as a rock. Not gonna go anywhere

2. andrew1977

andrew1977 Veteran Member

Oct 1, 2006
    parksvegas, BC
    lifts rule.. my dads shop just got a new one.
    [​IMG]

3. Chevy 350

Apr 4, 2007
    So. IL
    Can I have the old one? :D

4. al8apex

al8apex Veteran Member

Mar 11, 2005
    scottsdale, az
    under the center of the rear end for the rear

jack stands either under the spring mounts or the axle tubes toward the OUTSIDE (next to the spring mounts)

IF you need to drop the rear axle then the jack stands go on the forward eye of the leaf springs

In the front it is sometimes hard to get under the center of the crossmember, but IF you can that is the best location (use a piece of wood so as to NOT dent the crossmenmber, ask me mine is bent from doing this.

The center of the lower control arm is a good location to place the jack stand OR to jack from ...

you can lift the complete side if you jack from the rear portion (NOT the very rear) of the subframe with a pice of wood to distribute the load and then place jack stands under the outer edges of the suspension

5. FIREDUP71

FIREDUP71 Veteran Member

Dec 21, 2006
    CONNECTICUT
    where on the front cross member should you place the jacks?

6. Marks71BB

Marks71BB Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

A good question.
    I put the stands under the LCA. or better yet use ramps.

7. 1FstChevy

1FstChevy Veteran Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Buckeye State
    A few of my buddies have lifts... too bad my Camaro can't get in there often when there are always inoperable 77 Firebirds on them and being parked below them!

8. Chevy 350

Apr 4, 2007
    So. IL
    My uncles got a car lift with 4 huge adjuastable arms but theres been a 32 ford strretrod project in there for over a year now. His friend really needs to come and get it. He said I can put my car in his garange as soon as that truck is gone :mad: