Best place to jack up the camaro

Discussion in 'Camaro Questions' started by Levi, Jul 6, 2007.

1. Levi

Levi Guest

Whats the best place to jack up the camaro at for a second gen? Also just to leave it on Jack stands?

2. kik_start

kik_start BANNED

Sep 3, 2006
    gone crazy
    Axle tubes in the rear as far out as possible, and sub frame or cross member in front.

3. CorkyE

CorkyE Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Ringgold, GA
    Throw a strap on the tube doors and hoist it up.. J/K Like kik start says is a good way. I use a floor jack and generally jack up either the front or rear end at one time, so I go under the front cross member and rear pumpkin (gear housing). I can't emphasize enough that you use real jack stands and not concrete blocks, etc. Post back up if you have any more questions.

4. Marks71BB

Marks71BB Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

In the workshop;),,, in a climate controlled environment where there is plenty of light and a good selection of tools;)

5. kik_start

kik_start BANNED

Sep 3, 2006
    gone crazy
    I know a guy (long time ago) that was jacking a second gen up one wheel at a time and the back glass shattered! I've always jacked all cars up both front and both back at the same time.

6. Marks71BB

Marks71BB Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Good reason for SFC's!

7. mnz28

mnz28 Veteran Member

Apr 3, 2004
    wi
    I make sure I roll down the windows. I don't like opening the doors at all when its jacked up. But then again I don't have tube doors.

8. IDLZRUF

IDLZRUF Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

I got 6 ton jackstands at Sears 40 bucks real sturdy.Then I rock the car to see if its sturdy.

9. Levi

Levi Guest

Ok cool, thats what I was doing all along, I just didnt know how good it was to put the jack stands under the axle. My friends formula firechicken, he jacked his bird up from the control arm, and well he had to replace it, he said thats what I should do...never did. Thanks all.

10. pete0331

pete0331 Veteran Member

Mar 26, 2006
    Kitsap, WA
    Yup I jack up the back under the differential housing and under the crossmember when I do the front.

Also when I work under the back end I put the front end on ramps and jack stands in the back so its nice and level.

Or you can just find someone with a lift and become friends with em :cool: :cool: