Best damn auto lift for the money

Discussion in 'Garages, Workshops & Tools' started by Goodwrench1965, Jan 29, 2014.

1. 79supergasdriver

79supergasdriver Veteran Member

Jun 22, 2005
    Wichita, KS, USA
    Thanks for the encouragement...and I'm happy to hear a good story about setting goals and reaching them. First things first...update my kitchen and get this house sold so I can move somewhere with enough space for a garage addition. Just filed an amended return and found out I'll get enough to do it comfortably and put some aside.

2. TommyRS70

TommyRS70 Veteran Member

Jan 31, 2004
    KY
  3. Glava

Glava Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Central NY
  4. Goodwrench1965

Goodwrench1965 Veteran Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Charlotte NC
    Yes I love seeing stuff like that. I especially like the petite woman in the middle of it all probably weighs 90 pounds soaking wet! She probably could not open a bottle of POP! But hey there she go's lifting with a little help. man that guy must be hurt bad. If he lives he better get a Camaro and give up that damn crotch rocket!

5. sponge003

sponge003 Veteran Member Gold Member

Jan 10, 2009
    Concord, NC
    My shovelhead Harley is sitting in the shop because at every stoplight 4 out of 5 drivers are on their phones.

Doesn't take much of an accident to get real serious on a bike.

6. 70lt1z28

70lt1z28 Veteran Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 1999
    Beavercreek, Ohio, USA
    Not sure if this thread is still active, but this looks like a pretty good lift:
    http://www.mohawklifts.com/wp/automotive-lifts/2-post-lifts/a7/

I really like the hydraulic balance system. It can easily be routed into the attic space above a finished ceiling. They say you can even use braided hose for the hydraulics.

7. Da-bigguy

Da-bigguy Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Cypress, TX
    That Mohawk one does look pretty good. I'm going to be thinking about getting a lift a bit later so I can store my MG and Camaro inside and still have a work space.

8. Glava

Mar 23, 1999
    Central NY
    Not sure if you saw it earlier in this thread, but I love my 4 post Direct lift (The earlier post was before I finished the garage and sold my 84 Corvette and bought the 2015 Corvette).
    It is nice to be able to use it to work on the cars and just as great to be able to store two cars in one bay.

It has been awesome!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
  9. mickstan

mickstan Veteran Member

Jun 11, 2012
    E'ville, IL
    ummm, nice vader 'vette.

10. Glava

Mar 23, 1999
    Central NY