Best Car Wax

Discussion in 'Detailing Topic' started by scarint, Oct 10, 2010.

1. hmbldr

hmbldr Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Apr 27, 2001
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
  2. firebird69racer

firebird69racer Veteran Member

Oct 14, 2006
    San Bernardino,Ca
    Same here. I have tried most all of the others over 30yrs, and none compare to Zaino. I have not washed my car with soap and water for over a year. Just wipe it down with the detail spray.
    It may cost more but you don't use very much. I use about 2oz to do my car with two coats.
    And their tire dressing is the best also. It does not turn the tires brown over time.
    http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc

3. zekefreak

zekefreak Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Apr 16, 2006
    western PA
    I haven't tried it yet, but a friend of mine swears by Adams. He is very particular about his waxes and has shelves full of different brands and he says that the Adams products are the best. I have to give them a shot.

4. racerex

racerex Member

Dec 3, 2010
    Westchester County, NY
    Been using Zaino for years with great results. When it comes to paint correction, IMO you can't beat a dual action (DA) polisher and Meguires products (i.e., clay bar, M105 ultra cut compound, M205 ultra cleaner/polish and M21 synthetic sealer). I'm getting lazy with age, so I've been going with the DA polisher vs. working by hand. When you apply product correctly with a DA polisher, removing it with a quality mirco-fiber towel is a snap and the end product looks out of this world. Yeah, the initial investment in a good DA, pads, product, etc. is not cheap, but the results and time savings makes it well worth it in the end.

5. JPS4SPDZ

JPS4SPDZ Member

Feb 16, 2010
    FLORENCE KY
    Try The Nxt Spray It Works Great

6. Damon23

Damon23 Veteran Member

Jan 29, 2006
    Georgia
    I'm going to look into the meguires compounds soon. The paint on my 78 TA is original and although it is old and starting to fade, I brought a few panels back with 3M perfect it 2 compound. I think a more aggressive compound would make it better. I'm not going to paint it anytime soon so I want to protect it the best I can for now.

7. 02WS6SSZ71

02WS6SSZ71 New Member

Oct 18, 2010
    Kansas City, MO
    Adam's is the best polish and wax system I've used. Check out Blingmaster for your forged wheels, then follow it up with Flitz wax...keeps billet shining for quite a while.

8. acmanted

acmanted Member

Mar 6, 2011
    Waunakee Wi
    For me I use Wizzards wax then to really make it shine use Mist & Shine with micro fiber cloth. Most waxes I have used come off in the winter with the salt this stuff seems to last longer. You can find it at the car shows.

9. CamarosRus

CamarosRus Veteran Member

For those more interested in REAL DETAILING KNOWLEDGE..............and not the cheapest product...........suggest you check out the forums and reviews at

www.detailedimage.com AND

www.detailersdomain.com

MEGUIARS has a huge product line. You cant review their name without specifying WHAT product you do or dont like............such as has been done above by those in the know.

Not one person has mentioned 303 Protectant for example which far and away
    is the best UV inhibitor and vinyl/plastic/rubber protectant.

10. 72-454

72-454 New Member

Nov 19, 2010
    n.w. arkansas