Being Creative

Discussion in 'Tips 'n' Tricks Topic' started by twood, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Dallas70

Dallas70 Veteran Member

May 26, 2012
    Dallas (Frisco) Texas
    Way too cool....ALL OF THIS STUFF! Good thread, can't wait to see more pics.

Flajunkie....seriously??? Brilliant way to get 'er done!

2. nonstopgo68

nonstopgo68 Veteran Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Mobile, Alabama
    You can check out my page if you wish . I have 2 kids in college and 2 kids in daycare so my budget is tight to say the least.
    As long as you have a solid core to start with , you can zizz wheel, sandblast , wire brush, clean and reuse.
    I replaced all the worn stuff like bushings ,but cleaned up and painted the hard parts.I even reused my shocks , brake pads and rotors. because they were still good and I can always go back replace those when they wear out.
    But, I will not be racing this car , just weekend driving. It sits in the garage most of the time.

I see this is an old post.

Well check it out anyway. :)

Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
  3. grzewnicki

grzewnicki Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

FLAJUNKIE....that groove probably would have been easier to do with a woodsaw, maybe a backsaw or one of those Japanese flush cutting saws that are thin bladed. I know a little late now but if someone uses your idea thought I could improve the slot cutting process.

4. Cmatt1605

Cmatt1605 Veteran Member

Nov 12, 2011
    Greensboro, NC
    I made my own A/C delete box out of fiber glass using a mold that I made out of card board, it cleaned up the engine bay a lot

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It took it from this:

[​IMG]

to this (with a bit of help from other parts):

[​IMG]

5. Blu-By-U 79Z

Blu-By-U 79Z Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Kentucky

Good work man. You can save some good money building it urself. I bought a box and it fits OK to say the least. Keep at it man.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
  6. Ohio81Z28

Ohio81Z28 Member

Sep 3, 2012
    Hillsboro Ohio
    I am actually looking to make an a/c delete box these ideas are awesome. I like to try and do things myself though with my own twist to make it unique. But the things done here give me ideas :D

7. Cmatt1605

Cmatt1605 Veteran Member

Nov 12, 2011
    Greensboro, NC
    Go for it! Its not very hard at all to work with fiber glass, just don't sand it in your garage or you will be cleaning up the dust for years!

8. Ohio81Z28

Ohio81Z28 Member

Sep 3, 2012
    Hillsboro Ohio
    Yeah I am trying to decide if I want to go with aluminum or fiber glass. I am thinking aluminum since I have a bunch laying around. Cant hardly be in the garage with this damn storm blowing through bout froze my bones today lol.

9. Prototype4342

Prototype4342 Veteran Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Las Cruces, NM
    I wish I would have done this, I have had nothing but problems with my A/C delete box. First off it was too thin for the stock blower motor wheel, so I had to go buy another shorter one and mount it reverse.

[​IMG]
    Then I spaced it out because it was still too deep for the delete plate, and used caulking to seal it.

[​IMG]
    When I got it installed, the heat from the headers melted a bit of it, so I made a shroud for it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Of course, immediately after this, my heater core started leaking, so now that needs to be replaced, and my blower motor seems to have decided to start making ridiculous noises when it's turned on, so now I have to take my fender back off to get to it, and redo all the caulking and such.

10. Prototype4342

Prototype4342 Veteran Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Las Cruces, NM
    Forgot this one, it was just a couple of days ago, too. I lost one of the springs for my turn signal cam when rebuilding my steering column, so I made one out of an old throttle spring I had laying around.

[​IMG]