Be prepared, C-Prepared Autocross (1981 Camaro)

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by 1981paul, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Zspoiler

Zspoiler Veteran Member

May 6, 2012
    Federal Way, Washington
    Just another way to increase aero downforce ,Similar To the Roadster 1970 Camaro Rampage

1981paul likes this.
  2. 1981paul

1981paul Moderator Staff Member

I will be adding a class legal rear spoiler and front splitter, at some point. The splitter will be similar to Rampage, but basically what's on Jeff and Todd's car.

[​IMG]

z28cp likes this.
  3. Zspoiler

Zspoiler Veteran Member

May 6, 2012
    Federal Way, Washington
    I have seen this car before .Are you going this way with yours?

4. 1981paul

They are faster than me, so yes!

z28cp likes this.
  5. Zspoiler

Zspoiler Veteran Member

May 6, 2012
    Federal Way, Washington
    Then have fun when you do.

6. Randy 81

Randy 81 Veteran Member

Oct 28, 2009
    Loganville, Ga
    I would make the splitter easy to remove, my Camaro would rub the bottom of the bumper cover on the trailer door/ramps. Either that or long ramps, really long.

7. 1981paul

I plan on it. No way I'll be able to get on a trailer with it

8. Zspoiler

Zspoiler Veteran Member

May 6, 2012
    Federal Way, Washington
    You think you would have issues that way ,Just look at mine IMSA front end. I have to always watch where I go. Maybe you should look into a Dzus fastner setup to mount your splitter.

Attached Files:

z28cp and 1981paul like this.
  9. 1981paul

In my head I have a "pin-able" solution, but I won't know for a while if it will actually work.

10. 1981paul

Just a little bit more of dash work. I needed to get the last few bits in there. I plan on getting the entire dash finished and wired, so when it's time to go in the car it's just a couple fasteners and plugs and it's in.

First up was adding the volt gauge/USB/12v power port combo I got off Amazon for something like 4 bucks. It's marine grade, so it should hold up in the car. This way I can supply power for a tablet to run data acquisition.

[​IMG]

Next was the thing ever race car needs - an overly big tach. This unit is pretty cool because it has a memory recall, so I can see how big of a wuss I was on the last run.

[​IMG]

After I had things trimmed out and test fit, it was time to start finishing things. I drilled a few more holes in the gauge panel, hit it with some VHT wrinkle paint, and put it together.

[​IMG]
    Left to right - water temp (top), battery cut off (bottom), oil pressure warning light, oil pressure gauge, oil temp gauge, ignition control panel

I have a roll of semi-gloss black vinyl on the way to wrap the main dash, and then I can finish wiring it.